Tuesday, November 04, 2008

So win one for the (black) Gipper

Conservatives have even drunk deep from the Kool-Aid well, what's in it? more on that in a minute. So check it out, in today's election day edition of the New York Post we have DC Bureau Chief Charles Hurt getting, I don't wanna say, a little aroused?

"Like Ronald Reagan before him Obama began outside the party gates and crashed through them. The party establishment was aghast and his political opponents ridiculed him as a lightweight. But both men offered an optimistic (? - question mark Z's) vision for a despondent and troubled country. Obama's gauzy outlook is vague (ya think? - ed.) but so was Reagan's 'shining city on a hill'.....Like Reagan Obama speaks over the heads of the media directly to people, tens of thousands at a time, sometimes a hundred thousand or more."

Holy shit Batman, this stuff is strong!! So what have the weird masturbators put in the Kool-Aid this time? an advanced form of lysergic acid without the bad trips, something so subtle yet so potent you don't even know you're sick? Allow me to wax conspiratorial for a moment, when Obama and Hillary were duking it out in the primaries you even had some conservative commentators saying she should drop out for the good of her party but this begs the question why would a conservative worry so much that a Democrat is potentially undermining and ruining her own party? Honorable mention goes to Rich Lowry though for being a vocal and consistent conservative critic of the Obama Agenda early on but he seems to be in the minority.

I just got back from voting, did it early at 9 and got it out of the way but dunno if I can stand the election coverage which actually has been going on for two years now already, never saw anything like it in my life. Amy Fisher Caught on Tape vs. today's election coverage, yes it's that bad folks. I was always dubious about this polling thing, not that they're totally fabricated mind you but as Daniel pointed out recently polling companies like Rasmussen push the undecided into giving some type of answer and let's face it when push comes to shove when pressed for an answer they're gonna go with the guy with the most favorable press coverage. Then there's the concern of the self-fulfilling prophecy, if the vast majority of polls are so bad for McCain will this have a dampening effect for him as in why even bother? IMO the constant barrage of new polls almost becomes politically irresponsible if you will, what is the point and btw I was never polled in my entire adult life about The Things That Matter Most so who exactly are these people, the constantly polled?

It's a hot toddy kind of evening (or maybe two or three).

8 comments:

  1. With regards to the Hillary thing, you had all those conservatives back then with the Anybody But Hillary mentality, and I drove me freaking crazy because I kept saying worry about your own house people and let the Dems take care of theirs. But all water under the bridge, Obama was annointed and now we'll all be a bit poorer and less free when he's elected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Amen on that hot toddy instead of watching election coverage, maybe a nice long bath would be nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So families who rake in over $250G are rich in his book?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard yesterday that this number has gone down significantly, like anyone making over $120,000.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last I checked it was at 200G. Now people making this sort of dough I would say are comfortable, upper middle-class definitely which means they've reached a certain degree of success in Life so why punish them? I've really come over to the Randian view on this, to take someone's hard-earned "wealth" and spread it around is a philosophy of pure evil. Two things about the truly wealthy though, as long as they've come by their money honestly and imo give a certain amount to help out their fellow man, again with no coercion from government, I say in God's eyes there ain't anything wrong with this (but note my two caveats). Interesting though to see if this voting bloc, those who make over 250G or whatever the current figure is, can swing this election in McCain's favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I ain't losing any sleep over this yet, I'm nowhere near approaching any of the figures under discussion, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm nowhere near those figures either Z, but you know I'd like to be, plus if it's good enough for me to want to keep whatever wealth I can muster at a low level seems fair that those at a higher level should be able to, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with ya on that but apparently half the country disagrees.

    ReplyDelete