Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The Casey Anthony verdict - NOT GUILTY!

There is alot of public outrage over this. Here are my thoughts -- The only charges she was convicted on were four misdemeanor charges having to do with lying to investigators which begs the obvious question if you're innocent why all the lying? If she really is not guilty then that means the murderer is still out there yet nobody seems to be looking for him or her (O.J. Redux?). Casey's mother Cindy looking up the subject "chloroform" on the house computer, consensus is she lied to protect her daughter from the death penalty about which more in a minute. Now it's a free country and God knows what topics I've googled over the years, they sure as hell ain't your more popular Yahoo trenders but chloroform out of the blue? It's an unusual topic to search on the Web, it's free speech and it's your right but I could be bored out of my skull and I'd sooner look up muskrat or the Eastern King Snake. It took this jury just under 11 hours, yes hours and not days to render a verdict from a 36 day trial and that in and of itself shows a lack of respect imo. I guess what was obvious to them ain't so obvious to the rest of us. Clearly to many people the defense team fogged the jury here with tales of family dysfunction and the father molesting his daughter which even if the judge deleted that so to speak it still plants the seed and that's all you need. Could 2-year old Caylee have accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool? Sure but people don't usually cover these things up but grieve like mad the rest of their haunted days. I'm not comfortable with totally circumstantial cases especially involving the death penalty, it's far preferable to have evidence. Reasonable Doubt - those two former NYC police officers who were acquitted in that rape case involving a drunken female Manhattan executive, despite feminist excoriation of the jury it had reasonable doubt written all over it so I understand perfectly well how the system is supposed to work. In this case one of the alternate jurors was talking to Matt Lauer this morning. Let me put it this way, I respect the fact that in our system a jury can reach a conclusion that might be different from mine ("thank you for your work") but what I absolutely hate are pinheads:)

11 comments:

  1. Justice is supposed to be blind but may be deaf, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have gone with a conviction here. I'm against the death penalty but even if I were for it I wouldn't vote for it here since this seemed to be a purely circumstantial case albeit a strong one imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I DO agree with you and I don't agree with the jury's verdict.
    I don't think that the prosecution team provide a case of murder beyond a Reasonable Doubt. But they did the best that they were able to do.
    It's a damn shame but I can't argue with the jury except that they rush to their decision, because they wanted to get home. As far as her Father George is concerned, I'm still on the fence about him. Because if he was as good a guy as they made him out to be, ... Why did he shack up with one of the volunteers when he was out looking for his beloved grandchild.
    There is still lots of unanswered questions about this whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, if she was to be found guilty, I would have been for the death penalty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mal I keep trying to post at your blog but there's some type of glitch but know I'm trying anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're blaming the CSI Effect for more juries finding defendants not guilty, they want definitive proof as in forensics. Actually I don't disagree with this, far better than circumstantial imo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Z-man said...

    Hey Mal I keep trying to post at your blog but there's some type of glitch but know I'm trying anyway.


    I don't know why, everyone is getting in, try again and let me know here.

    You do know that I have it on Moderation don't you?

    Try again, I'll look for it

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did see that it's on moderation. Here's what happens, I'll log into my own blog and do some things and then visit yours and then when I compose my comment and send it a screen pops up to login to Blogger and the cycle just repeats itself. I'll try again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just took a look and someone else had made a comment since I was there last.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just tried a few minutes ago without success. I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No. I have to go, I have to pick up a friend. Be back tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete