Have off today. Sitting there in the early morning with my mug of coffee. My late Dad used to say that's the best time of day. The aide has the TV on. Fox Weather. They love to catastrophize the weather. It might be sunny where you are but they have to find a hailstorm somewhere. Up comes a big weather map and one part actually says "Gulf of America." So here's the thing. No one person let alone the POTUS gets to rename major geographical areas of the world. Don't know how this would work exactly but you wanna rename a major river, lake or body of water or other geographical region I'm guessing it would have to go before an international body of scholars first then a consensus then go before some kind of international association of geography for final ratification. Then you gotta change all the school textbooks, future maps, Wikipedia etc. Well the heck with all that Fox Weather is going with Gulf of America. CULT. Jim Jones vibes.
They say Trump is finally considering what his legacy will be. 'Twill be mostly a legacy of weirdness.
Speaking of the Gulf of Whatever HIS Latest Thiing Is - we note this surprising success -
ReplyDeletehttps://www.yahoo.com/news/science/articles/florida-dumped-half-million-oyster-192825163.html?utm_source=pushly&ncid=pushly
As for his legacy, he cannot write it, nor can he change it and like
Ozymandias, Nero, Attila etc his legacy will physically erode leaving little or no trace, but his actions will be a lesson in folly.
Huh...maybe dump some off the Yonkers Pier. A broken clock is right twice a day.
ReplyDeleteChannel-surfing last night. Watched a little propaganda offered that is NewsMax or some other network. Core inflation (never heard that term) is lower and the economy is close to stabilizing said the expert. Dunno, I'm still paying a lot for groceries.
ReplyDeleteSeems to be two sets of news POV. Ya think news would be just news, but the talking heads gotta sit in a circle and depending on the channel criticize or praise the current paradigm. I see there are a few that want to keep the yearly hourly changing of the clock. An old guy with a digital watch can lose 2 hours of sleep each spring and Fall. Worse is trying to reset the digital watch , pages of instructions, it is like arming a nuclear weapon and another five hours a year are lost.
ReplyDeleteOne talking head liked the time change cuz it was lighter in the morning and lighter at night. Who noticed?
Shouldn't be pitch black at 4:30 in the afternoon in December. That's where I'm coming from on this. I don't have all the answers but tinker with it ya know?
DeleteNotice that one of the 3 latest US KIA was a young lady 19 years old by the name of Gonzalez. ICE must have missed her.
ReplyDeleteMy wages haven't gone up after all the deportations. I keep waiting.
ReplyDeleteTrump furious over ICE easing up on chasing and shooting people through the driver side window. He is especially mad at Homan.
ReplyDeleteHe must be looking for SS Reichsfuhrer Heinrich Himmler.
But he died by suicide when captured by the British Army.
Trump is a psycho. I was explaining to people at work yesterday I'm not MAGA but voted for Trump because I thought he'd be good on the economy but then he started saying nutty things. Only the GeeeZers can explain it then Shaw can deconstruct it.
ReplyDelete