Tuesday, August 25, 2026

People who worship the AI

 


Some of my blogs are born out of a good pipe smoking session. 


If even the AI is right about most things it's not right about everything.   These AI Overviews.  On vacation and at the library desktop today.  Just googling this and that.  Searched "rats as big as cats."  AI says this is an urban legend.  It's rare but many years ago I did see just this in my neighborhood a rat literally as big as a cat and no it wasn't a misidentification.  I know my mammals.  The computer extended my session so googled "feral cats" next.  AI says don't ever touch or pet one.  We owned a feral once.  Misty.  Had a litter in the yard next door and sometimes Misty would catch a squirrel and they all had a nice meal.  We eventually adopted her and took her to the vet to get her spayed.  She lived with us for awhile and then one day she decided to live with another family.  Probably too many cats in the house for her liking. To read the AI you'd think they all live in the deep woods.  They're actually more intelligent than that.


Speaking of the library using the public restroom shouldn't be a big deal right?  Went in the Men's Room and some homeless guy proceeded to pull his pants down and literally urinated all over the floor in the stall.  Quite a puddle.  Told the security guy and then went to a local park in the area to use their bathroom.  Ya gotta go ya gotta go.


What is the society coming to?

7 comments:

  1. You are the 'go to' guy on feral cats. You use a violin case?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always adopted cats off the street so to speak. They come around and you make a vet appointment. I never asked them if they're strays or ferals. Now when you google those terms the Cat Authority Board or whatever you want to call it has strict definitions for each. We always called them strays or sometimes alley cats. Gray areas. Help control the rodent population.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems all cats have a streak of independence. Climbs up the living room curtain and gets her claw stuck. Hangs there until Mrs. Pulls her paw loose. A dog doesn't do that, but she says they are more work.
    Dunno - seen that video of a cat on a leash being dragged it's back dwon the side walk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judge Judy supports walking a cat on a leash if you let it outside. The bitch don't understand cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The largest rat is the Norway rat. Back during covid, the fast food places slowed way down and the local N-rats spread out. A pair adopted our back porch. Called the exterminator. $250. He never caught one, but they left after a couple weeks. I'd put them at the size of a small cat. Today's Norwegian humor - Bjarni and Ole, northern MN Norskis, went up north to a big lake. Rented a rowboat. They found a spot where they hauled in many walleyes. Ole was so exited, he announced "I', gonna paint a fed x in der bottom of dis boat, Bjarni"
    Bjarni replied, "Dontcha know vee might not get THIS boat next time,
    you yust stupid, oofta"

    ReplyDelete
  6. The particular rat I saw many years ago was not the size of a small cat but I'd say was the size of an average cat. Wish I had a pic or a video. Me and this other guy walking past were absolutely startled. This was at the top of a set of stairs going down to the lower road. Lots of trash around. Never saw a rat that large ever again.

    Whenever I read an AI Overview I also base some things on my own personal experience. The truth is often not 100% as presented on Google. Urban legends so-called can sometimes contain a kernel of truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My own little personal conspiracy theory. I think the pet or the cat industry so-called vastly prefers to empty the shelters so they have kind of drummed up the mystique of the feral cat. Don't try to adopt them but go to the shelters instead is the narrative. More than a bit of propaganda imo. I've only encountered one or two that would not have made good pets. Throughout the years we never had a problem. Again basing things on my own personal experience not Google or AI.

    ReplyDelete