Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fitty cents will get you a cup of coffee

"Do you have fitty cents? I wanna get a cup of coffee." The other day in Queens, NY rapper "Fifty Cent" was driving a new Lamborghini when cops pulled him over and arrested him for not having either a driver's license or insurance and registration. Many in the crowd of black onlookers sided with Fitty over the cops and said things like "stay strong Fitty." Maybe they wanted to give Bill Cosby something to talk about in his next speech but this anti-cop mentality is a bane in the black community. Let's see, what did Fitty do wrong? You have a car that costs as much as a house and you don't even have the proper paperwork, I dunno know what the problem is. Every now and then the rappers have to do something to maintain their thug image, like DMX the other day putting down Jay-Z for wearing sandals, said it's a sissy thing for a man to do (I kinda hate sandals on men myself, the men always have ugly feet sometimes with yellow gnarled toenails). Continued DMX, "he's only doing it 'cos he's in love and follows everything Beyonce tells him to" (honestly I'd have to admit I'd follow most of her directives myself). Sounds like a rap feud brewing which happens when the gangsta front has been too peaceful of late (how come you never hear of Gwen Stefani taking a shot at Mariah Carey or Celine Dion involved in a drive-by?) Seems like most rappers don't want to go the Diddy route of social respectability, hell Jadakiss is still hustling. Other than that there's really not a whole lot Cos can talk about.

What's with the Donald of late? He seems to have become a caricature of himself ("Martha's show was an abysmal failure while my 'Apprentice' has been a tremendous success.") MAD TV doesn't even have to have a scriptwriter for this, the Donald provides all the best lines himself.

I'm not voting in the midterms. Republicans and Democrats are more or less the same beast and both support leviathan government that intrudes upon our personal lives. When was the last time you heard a prominent Republican call for not more laws but less? I'm conservative/libertarian at heart and there's really no one out there for me.

I've learned alot from the Mel Gibson saga. Not only in the future am I not going to apologize for things done in the past but I'm also going to refuse others' apologies to me as well. Oh what a wonderful world it will be.On the Right

7 comments:

  1. http://www.funloc750.com/mandm.htm

    read more about the ghetto clown

    ("you're stupid")

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem a little more jaded today Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I agree with you about men in sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am more jaded today, after all I work 6 days a week with one day off, that one day off goes so fast and I have to cram everything into that one day and then it's over and it's off to work again. I am one of the few people I know who actually does not suffer from workaholism. Workaholics miss the whole point about work being a curse and punishment from God going back to the time of Adam and thereby frustrate Him. He has to design a new plan to punish them, perhaps 5 week forced vacations every year.

    People don't seem to be that much into all that white Canadian Sarah McLachlan stuff anymore which is probably why she did a VOX club remix on her latest "Bloom" album. I hear even Enya is getting into the act and is working on an anti-gravity uncle booty remix of her classic "Orinoco Flow (Sail Away)".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people work to live, others live to work. But I agree that life is too short to be the workaholic type, they always say nobody on their deathbed wishes they had worked more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and it's also bad for your health and cuts down on your lifespan and even the Pope says to take it easy. What's funny is to see these people, they're mostly young, day in and day out all proud of their work ethic like they have mansions in their futures (remember Uncle Sam has to get his cut too). I also think the real reason men do this is to get away from their wives and families ("I'm doing it for you honey" - bs). I simply see work as a means to an end and no more. To watch some of these people I'm almost inclined to term it a mental disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. white man rule not workin so good this week, they are rapin children and shooting them, writin naughty letters to the young, gettin fired from their imaginary wars, they are not using power, it is rotting them. bein old, in many ways, do suck tho. vete

    ReplyDelete