Sunday, February 04, 2007

If Mom were a supermarket honcho

I am thoroughly convinced that Moms have more wisdom than 10 men with retail business degrees combined. Take today's Game. So I'm walking through the produce department at my local supermarket and all I see at the salad bar are tons of these special platters, things with carrot sticks, celery stalks and broccoli. I ran this by my Mom. She said "men don't eat that stuff."

A group of dietetic men are sitting around the tube and one gets up and knocks the veggie platter over, "man! did you see that play?!?"People who masturbate your mind

4 comments:

  1. Yup, yesterday was not a good day for joining Weight Watchers...oh wait I am not a man. Pass those carrots sticks, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come people don't make this big a deal over the World Series and baseball is supposed to be our national pastime? Is it because football is inherently a violent sport? I find baseball far more interesting anyway and even artistic at times. Football? It's just a bunch of men playing smashface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come football (as in not soccer) is only popular in America? Are we the most violent nation? (See Middle East - I guess they get their aggressions out in different ways, I will take football then, thank you). Then there are the nations who are too chicken for violence (see France). Better to keep in on the field and out of the streets.

    (I am not a big football fan really, I agree the finesse of baseball is to be appreciated, but then again when you have the Browns as your team it is hard to care about the Super Bowl.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not just it's violent, I can look past that, but for me it's more boring than baseball which has far more complexity. As well, the World Series has 7 games and is thus a much more fair competition whereas the Super Bowl has only one game. It doesn't prove anything except maybe that the team that lost was having an off day. Doesn't happen with the Series.

    ReplyDelete