Friday, July 29, 2011

Rush, the Old Gray Lady and political masochism

As a very occasional reader of Shaw's blog "Progressive Eruptions" the topic of Rush Limbaugh comes up ALOT. To be fair she mentions Rush's name about as much as conservatives talk about New York Times editorials. I get the sense liberals form a core listenership of Rush's radio show just like conservatives probably form a core readership of the Old Gray Lady, in fact they probably subscribe. The New York Post has an occasional feature called TimesWatch but does the NYT have a counter-section called PostWatch? (I'm watching you buddy) I don't get caught up in this stuff. I say this, both should be allowed to peacefully co-exist. A nonopining newspaper, oh how I yearn! Rush is like the Mick Jagger of our national political discussion, I may occasionally tune in but there's newer stuff out there:)

7 comments:

  1. Rush is a waterboy. It's amazing people still listen to his drivel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I tuned in was after the, ahem, historic bin Laden slay and he was going on about how liberals in the college faculty lounges across the country are now proud of their guy because it made him a man. Wasn't here nor there, didn't probe the Essential Questions so I changed the dial to some music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaw can only try to attack Rush and Glenn because they speak the truth, and the truth hurts her agenda. She tries desperately to put down the messenger, because she cannot refute their messages! I find it very sad, must suck to be her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth,

    You and Z-man seem to have an obsession with what I think and do. Thank you for being so interested in me.

    But at least, dearie, you're not as obsessed as "tha malcontent" who writes blog posts about me quite often, then says HE pisses liberals off. LOL!

    Irony isn't in your vocabulary, is it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be flattered Shaw, you're on the map. Not that long ago you quoted a lengthy piece from my blog about the allegation some woman made that Al Gore sexually attacked her and you Sherroded it or took it totally out of context so you were definitely interested in what I was posting about at the time. Never believed that woman btw but you made it sound like I was attacking your man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Z-man, you sure hang on to grudges.

    You need to get out more often and find more rewarding things to do than being bitter, over what I posted months ago.

    You, Beth, and "tha malcontent" spend too much time getting pissed off over what I write.

    Go kiss a beautiful woman, make a plum pie, or something useful like that.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My post took what, all of 5 or 10 seconds to compose and post? It's in between the jogging and the walking and the exercising and getting a tan and going into work later and going home and reading the paper, having a nightcap, taking a shower, fixing a fine meal etc. I woudn't call it an all-consuming grudge, it kind of came as an afterthought to be honest 'cept there were reading comprehension problems in the past. You always seem to skirt right up to the edge of ad-hominem but lest you haven't heard I have a blogpost just for that where you can dump it:)

    ReplyDelete