Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Will liberals continue to use the race card?

Proba-blee. Now by any objective standard Obama's first term has been more than a bit of a dud, even the alleged bin Laden slay doesn't seem to have any staying power. The nub of the matter, Obama is not a good president. Conventional political wisdom says people vote mainly on the economy, economy still ain't doing so good and the jobless rate is up to 9.2% with only 18,000 new jobs added for the whole month of June. I don't care if the guy is black, white or polka-dot you can't vote for the guy. The Obamanauts will though and they'll make a whole racial thing about it but how can I in good conscience vote for a black Jimmy Carter? Obama doesn't suck because he's a black guy, he's a black guy who happens to suck. He made History though, duly noted for the Almanac:)

9 comments:

  1. Real unemployment isn't 9.2%. It's much much higher. The government's figures are about as useless as a tit on a Tomcat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the exception perhaps IRS figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the race card has expired. To me, anyone who says disagreement with the Obama administration is racially motivated is loosely translated as "I cannot debate you on the merits of your disagreement with Obama's policies, so instead I will call you a racist to try to end this discussion."

    It is getting so old already! Man up and take responsibility for the fact that your policies SUCK Mr. President!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Additionally, I hate that both of you continue to use the word liberals to define democratic progressives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I not say in the comments of Z-man's Saturday, July 9th posting called "A Simple Experiment":

    Blogger Beth said...

    Soapie, isn't that why we call the leftists of today progressives instead of liberals?

    7/15/2011 11:00 AM
    Blogger soapster said...

    I suppose some people do. I'm not all that interested in the classifications. I'm a party of 1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like the term "progressive" as I've said because it has the word progress in it and who can be against that? What's the opposite, an anti-progressive or conservative-type person? I wish Glenn Beck would stop using it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Glenn today calls them what they truly are, which is Marxists. He only used the term "progressive" because that is what they called themselves, they changed it from "liberal" when that became a dirty word, and now "progressive" is becoming an undesirable term.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I call them collectivists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever they call themselves or we call them they're all for the power of the State. I call them statists.

    ReplyDelete