Thursday, July 23, 2026

Conservatism does not mean being pro-every war

 Reading some right-wing blogs (ahem) and many on the Right do feel you should never question any war started by a conservative president.  I use that term loosely as I do not equate President Trump with conservatism but he is widely perceived as such so for purposes of discussion.  The Iran War or War with Iran seems to me to be destruction without a purpose.  What is the endgame?  The mullahs are still in charge.  A regime change doesn't seem to be in the offing unless they plan on putting the My Pillow guy in charge.  Color me perplexed.  Gas slowly going back up again btw.


QUAGMIRE;)

11 comments:

  1. C'mon Z-man. Be a cheer leader for the good old US of A. We're at war and any discouraging words heard on the range may lead to defeat. You know darn well the Mullahs are cleverly watching our media to learn how they can make President Trump do something stupid. It's all the media's fault.

    Well, it's them and the Pentagon. They should have advised him better. Why did they not give him the papers that said Iran would close the strait? Why haven't they alerted the White House that Iran has drones and knows how to use them?

    Oh... silly me. They didn't tell Trump because they could not find the info on any of this stuff anywhere. Because Joe Biden!!!

    I'm just thankful that last year we obliterated the Iranian nukes that were trained on us. The ones that were on the ICBMs that cannot reach us at all, but about which we should be worried.

    Because Trump wiped out and ended Iran's nuke ability, as he said he did last year, now we can just go to war in Iran to punish them for 1979.

    God bless America... and no one else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Dave. That was one of my first thoughts Trump already obliterated their nuclear capabilities or so he said so what is this all about? Trump's own CIA has informed him he cannot win this war.

    Conservatives have a long history of supporting stupid wars. I have actually heard the argument that if we had just stayed a little bit longer we would have won Vietnam. Turns out the hippies were right however. Meanwhile Trump is bombing desalination plants and telecommunications towers in Iran a war crime. In the meantime Rubio like a good little boy pens an anti-ICC piece for the WSJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once in awhile, some of his worshippers have an awakening. -
    https://www.nbcnews.com/world/ukraine/laura-loomer-meets-zelenskyy-ukraine-major-reversal-war-rcna589014?utm_source=firefox-newtab-en-us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another head scratcher. HE rules the world like a faucet. On one day and off the next. A genuine gorilla in a toy store -
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/trump-upended-saudi-nuclear-deal-003143119.html?utm_source=pushly&ncid=pushly

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you note when does he sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loomer an unofficial member of the Trump Cabinet apparently. Job title?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spokes person in the Department of Trouble Making?

    ReplyDelete
  8. GeeeZ says NYC Mayor Zohran Mamdani contributes to anti-Semitism. Examples are lacking. Shaw's latest entry is Trump's brain.is total mush. I am not as far to the Left as Shaw and not as far to the Right as GeeeZ (can't relate to that place anymore) but why do I find myself agreeing more with Shaw lately?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually don't like to make it a habit to comment on other people's work. I'm more from the you do you school of thought. I myself can't be right about everything but if you don't see the Trump ship sinking and instead of getting off you continue to dance and drink dunno. 'Tis an enigma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, slap new tariffs on 60 countries. He drove off his last political ally,
    the Italian prime minister, by saying she begged to be in a photo with him. And of course the Pope is an enemy. Russia, China and N. Korea
    really enjoy him. They should comment on the unmentionable blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the judges and the SCOTUS went against most of the tariffs. What they have to rule again? Trump is wasting our time. My very meager understanding of tariffs I thought their main purpose was a form of punishment when another country does something wrong. You normally don't tariff your allies.

    ReplyDelete