Thursday, July 02, 2026

They'll get divorced after a few years and she'll write a revenge song about him

 That's how she rolls.  Most other artists - Olivia Rodrigo, Dua Lipa, Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Dean et al. - do their thing but don't court this kind of attention.  Taylor Swift takes things to another level.  Most of us can't afford to get married at Madison Square Garden.  Hell many of us can't even afford to go to a Knicks or Rangers game.  Special event being held at MSG from today through July 4th.  Several blocks closed in midtown Manhattan to accommodate the nuptials although the New York Post reports Swift and Kelce have already married in private.  Getting married some old-fashioned way NOT.  I was never a Swiftie and now feel fully vindicated.  A mountaintop is too good for them?  She thrives on cheap publicity.  It's like oxygen to her.


What saith Trump?

10 comments:

  1. Well she Is 35 years old and possibly smarter that Britney Spears. But I'm no paparazzi and not familiar with music after the 60s. But I do recall Tiny Tim's classical marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no clinician but I would say she has some kind of ego disorder. The MSG thing probably a massive turnoff to the general population who aren't Swifties so the media is going with the charity angle. BTW every time Britney comes on the radio I have to change the dial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olivia Dean should be for you then. An old school sound with modern vibes. A touch of a husky nightclub voice. Takes the edge off a rough day. And the CB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the money they both have... oh heck. What can we say. I hope, as I do for anyone believing they've found true love, it lasts. But the odds are agin it.

    Happy Fourth guys. I'll be watching my neighborhood turn into Beirut tomorrow from my front porch with my wife.

    Remember... be safe and sane. The Red Devil Fireworks motto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My music appreciation is limited to Baroque, Broadway Musicals, British Hymns and American Folk. Can't get much of that on my TV music expensive channels, but find on U-tube. How are you coping with the notroious 'Heat Dome? Mom OK? I see over in France, people are crowding into grocery stores that have AC. Hottest we have been out this was is 112 a couple of years back. Global Warming or whatever, it is hard on we mammals..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what Baroque music is. Vincent Price organ music?

      Delete
  6. Reminds me Dave, they used to grin at my worries about fireworks and and natural gas back when I was an initiating explosives expert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody at work was saying why Madison Square Garden? Just get married. NYPD working overtime, roads blocked off because of a prima donna. What a cathedral just doesn't cut it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My folks eloped. Drove all the way from WI to Iowa where the Little Brown Church in the Vale is located. 1937 Plymouth. No crowd, just a flat tire on the way back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think with Swift there's a kind of moral balancing act at work. Have an obscenely lavish wedding at a major sports venue but also give millions to charity. Like enjoy my yacht but give to the Food Bank. Silence the critics. Have your cake and eat it too. Not sure if Elon Musk does that.

    ReplyDelete