In the latest Trump Follies Trump renames Lake Ontario Lake America. Also there is purportedly a monster in Lake Champlain known as Champy. Trumpy has a better ring to it no? Rumor has it Trump plans to rename the Bermuda Triangle the American Triangle.
Pipe smoking on the front porch. Don't wanna smoke on the patio and bother everyone downstairs. Do I have to put a No Soliciting sign on the front gate? Can't smoke in peace. You politely decline the offer and they keep talking. Usually young people they send out. A tad aggressive. Must get a commission. Do I have to smoke way down the backyard? May have to build a little clubhouse for myself. I thought those days were over.
Pipe trivia to ponder and puff -
ReplyDelete1.4% of smokers in the US smoke a pipe, and it has been slowly going
down for years. But in Sweden 30% of smokers are pipe guys. IMO, some find it difficult to puff a pipe while doing something else. Me, I gotta pipe in while I sit at the computer, work on my trains in the train room, or sit at my desk while watching TV. Late in the day I add some 7up/CB and multi-task - puff, swig, putt swig. Puffing on pipe doing crossword today - 7 down clue Pennsylvania - 13 letters. Keystone State, of course.
You probably don't watch pipe smoking videos on YouTube. I do on occasion. Some pipers just talk about their problems like keeping the tobacco lit. Airflow, don't tamp too tight etc. Everybody got an opinion.
ReplyDeleteBasically I took up piping to save money on cigars but I still do both. Buy about 4 cigars and some pipe tobacco. Smoke the cigars first one a day then go with the pipe for awhile. Saves money imo.
ReplyDeleteTV episodes I wish were on --- Judge Judy on Night Court: the bailiff, 6 ft 6 in Richard Moll, drags her in front of silly night judge. She screams "My opinion is the only one that counts" Jackson Galaxy shows up on 'Pitt Bulls and Parolees' and they start by eating his violin case. Hannity breaks with tradition and confesses to being closet Liberal. names Niagara Falls Trump Falls Jeopardy - winning contestant found to have answers written inside his lapel. Weather Channel announces no tornados in Yonkers today. Dunno, guess I'll
ReplyDeletekeep watching anyhooo.
We used to joke that Jeopardy is a hoax. How can somebody know everything about everything? You always do a little light reading about opera before you go to bed BB? Who are these people? Guy goes to a party and they go genius just walked in the front door. I'll take Quantum Mechanics for $300.
ReplyDeleteA lot of it is category. My interests run from ancient history, wars, religion, science, medicine etc and typically can get a lot of those. On the other hand, not up on current pop culture, movies etc or the mean stuff, like "what famous writer had a kid with freckles and whose book was about Siamese twins?". (Am getting pretty good about Yonkers if it ever comes up) I wish they had Jeopardy for octogenarians, where you get to think for at least 30 seconds while you look for your contest push button pointer..
ReplyDeleteWell that's the thing they're good in all categories. I don't consider myself dumb but I can't relate to these people. Wheel of Fortune and Family Feud more my speed.
ReplyDeleteMovies not my thing anymore. The best movies were already made. Now they're just churning out stuff.
Seems simple enough - make all kinds of promises, then forget them.
ReplyDeleteTrump didn't campaign on bring the pain and foreign wars. Grocery prices were supposed to come down RAPIDLY.
ReplyDelete