You have your news junkies your weather junkies and your political junkies. My late uncle would park himself into a nice recliner and watch the 5 o'clock news then the 6 o'clock news which was simply a rehash of the 5 o'clock news. Water main break in Brooklyn story 2X. He was extremely well-informed. You don't need to check the weather on your phone just ask an old person. They'll tell you the exact time the rain is coming. Politics. I was away from blogging for about 3 years and when I came back people had to explain to me why Matt Gaetz is a bad person. The political junkies let's say they had to go to detox. No Trump news or politics for a whole week. Read a mammal book. They wouldn't survive. "Trump soiled himself at a press conference." No we got some honey badger videos for you.
Bibi got Trump into a real pickle with the Strait of Hormuz and Iran. Sometimes best friends pull you down. Bibi never met a war he didn't like. I think Trump is looking for some kind of exit strategy but he has to save face. Israel First been there done that. Doesn't care about the average American. Still waiting for my tariff rebate checks.
A nameless blog complains that some Texans do not what the 10 Commandments posted in every classroom. Why heck, it's right up there in importance as the Pledge of Allegiance. You're up to date on this sort of thing, so quickly now, which president broke almost all of them, some many dimes, some daily (or nightly)? Hint: he is beloved by Evangelicals.
ReplyDeleteIt's a slow burn over there. Maybe in 5 years they'll realize Trump sucks. By the time they have their epiphany we may not be around.
ReplyDeleteIf Trump is nutty blame the media. Rule #2 let's focus exclusively on the Left.
In five years Z-man, they all be dead. Age always wins.
ReplyDeleteLook, if you want to build a vibrant blog these days, it takes work. And you have to engage with people you may not like. You can enforce civility and that will help, but you have to remember that civility mist cut both ways.
When someone calls a lefty a libtard and when someone calls a conservative a Nazi, bith of those takes must be addressed.
Regarding the 10 Commandments. I love them. Do I think they should be posted in a government facility and revered over the say the Noble Eightfold Path or the Good Thoughts, Good Words and Good Deeds of Zoroastrianism? Nah...
We're a pluralistic society.
I forgot how old they are over there. Probably remember the milkman coming around. They'll be political right up 'til the end like my late aunt. Will probably have something political on their gravestone.
ReplyDeleteHey... easy there. I remember the milkman coming around and I grew up in So Cal. Milk in glass bottles. Delish. The milkman taught me how to ride my bike since my dad was always at work. I wondered for years if he was my dad.
DeleteMy folk were always nostalgic for the good old days. Wistful. Mom always talking about it. Music was better in the old days she said. They had nice songs. NOT ONCE did she ever mention measles parties.
DeleteTis true when in our teens we have our favorites and I agree with your Mom. Sometimes I will catch my old favorites on U-tube, folk songs and hits of the 50s etc. Not sure how old your Mom is, but I bet she would enjoy it if you could find some for her to sing a long and recall - 'Maybe Mares eat oats and does it oats', the Tennessee Waltz, Doris Day songs. Seems a picker upper in a long day.
DeleteTiny Tim,
DeleteNOT.
Wad he a congressman?
DeleteAmong other bad habits, I'm a crossword junkie. Do the daily one in the paper. I have deep and wide resources. So when 8 Down was a 5 letter word for domestic cat that left for wild, thanks to Z-Man I was able to pen in FERAL. Small town amenities - neighbor showed up with a hand full of corn on the cob from his garden. Half hour later another lady showed up with tomatoes and cucumbers. We had supper non-grocery style. It's like Trump was non-existent.
ReplyDeleteThat's the thing if we could just forget about him for awhile. Used to do the Sunday crossword puzzle in the NY Post. Relaxing. Always do in pencil first.
ReplyDeleteI do mine on line. Since it's a little too spendy to get the paper ones delivered to Las Vegas...
DeleteSecurity cameras every where anymore -
ReplyDeletehttps://www.cnet.com/news/privacy/this-searchable-tool-is-helping-track-flock-surveillance-cameras-in-your-city/?utm_source=firefox-newtab-en-us Flock cameras on the streets and highways, where the flock is getting a lot of flack, (wanna bet some of those that
spray paint over them have security camera or two at their own house? The ones in retail sales near check out are my favorites, can see if my fly is open or whatever. Old ladies look up and redo their hair and little kids make faces and laugh. Security, gotta love it.
What the flock. Hope the Men's Room is still safe.
DeleteZ-man... Re Trump looking to get out and save face. He was so absolute on Iran, he did not leave himself the usual Trump Wiggle Room. He said we went there to end a nuclear program we had obliterated, wipe out their missiles, end their ability to attack their neighbors and get regime change. Then he added they must "unconditionally surrender".
ReplyDeleteWe got none of that, and the Strait of Hormuz is now closed.
And Iran is dictating terms to us that they demand before they'll reopen it.
How any sane person does not see this as humiliating to the USA is beyond me.
I don't see an easy Trump exit in the cards. And that scares me. Guys like him don't like looking weak. We saw it with Germany and Japan in WWII and Iraq in the first Gulf War. Leaders, having lost on the battle field, acted our irrationally and did some stupid stuff. V-Rockets, Kamakazes, Scuds and more.
I don't want to imagine the Trump equivalent.
Pick a fight with a country that can single-handedly close the Strait of Hormuz and affect the global market. Israel Frist. Gotta love it.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe that you and Geeeze are both Generation Z people.
ReplyDeleteLeave it to ICE -
ReplyDeletehttps://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/ice-plans-officers-gloves-deliver-212444888.html?utm_source=pushly&ncid=pushly
Got an itchy crotch?
Trump's maniacal obsession with illegal immigration whereas Obama quietly deported about 3 million. ICE officers are so poorly trained some might shock their own penis going to the men's room. And so it continues with this Administration but the Left is a far greater threat according to some bloggers.
ReplyDeleteI had an interesting discussion here in Southern Mexico with a local pastor about the deportations. He asked me if I knew what president deported more ppl than any other. I answered Obama. And he asked why it was not a big deal to Mexicans? I said to him to tell me.
ReplyDeleteHis answer was illuminating.
Because he said, Obama deported people quietly, with dignity.
That says something.
The numbers tell the story as well -
Deletehttps://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-deportation-record-compared-barack-obama-11368075
But for the most part we are not dealing with criminals so why the use for shocker gloves?
DeleteWhat do we call an admistriation that sends innocent people to jail and pardons the guilty? According to some - awesome.
ReplyDeleteConspiracy Theory 62H - the only woman to pass the new Military Testosterone Test was Judge Judy. Who scored higher than Hegseth.
ReplyDelete