Friday, August 21, 2026

The Religion of Americanism

 Time is going real fast these days.  Sometimes I don't realize how many days have passed since my last blogpost.  The donuts are getting stale.


I think it fair to say that America is the greatest country on 🌎, always has been has animated most right-wing blogs.  Make no mistake it IS a religion.  Yet we have maybe the worst healthcare system in the world.  I don't mean in terms of the quality of the medical care but rather the financial aspect of it all.  People and families shouldn't go bankrupt, deplete their entire life savings just because a member has the misfortune of coming down with say cancer.  Hannity probably thinks astronomical medical bills are preferable because hey it's not socialism.  The faith system of Americanism says don't question it.


Do other countries feel they are the greatest country on Earth?  Does England?  They just go about their business.  Is it possible to question Americanism without being called oh I don't know a Communist?


Dicey subject:)

15 comments:

  1. My guess is the people of most countries think their's is the best. After all, it is where we were born and grew up. You can make good and bad the ideas of economics (capitalist, socialist, communists) and political systems, (democracy, kingships, dictators, oligarchies etc) and they do affect different groups differently. Historically the 'best' countries gradually fade and disappear - Carthage, Rome, ancient China, England and her Colonies, he Third Reich etc. Take patriotism - Navy wants to name new aircraft after WW!! black sailor, who stood off Jap zeros at Pearl Harbor and in 1943 and who was killed in 1943 in the Makin landings. Navy told to scrap the thought and name the new carrier USS Donald trump. I see only one hero there,,,do you?
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man but once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think Diddy had a big ego. Taylor Swift renting out MSG that's a huge ego but Trump's ego has them beat tenfold. Absolutely no self-awareness.

      Delete
  2. Z-man asked... " Is it possible to question Americanism without being called oh I don't know a Communist?"

    I guess that depends on where you're doing the asking.

    Your point though is well taken. It's cousin might be... Can we be critical of America without being called unAmerican? Or do we always have to tow the party line?

    During the Trump years, anyone who disagreed with his policies or plans was branded as America hating uninformed commies. We need to support our president we were told because a united America was better than a divided one.

    I'm guessing once he's out of office and a Dem is president, those ppl will feel it is their constitutional duty to be critical. And that criticism will give witness to how great an American they are.

    Geeez... what a mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you're right. During the Clinton years Hannity had a big NYC radio show back then and talked about Clinton nonstop. Guess what it wasn't positive.

      Delete
  3. Geeez - reminds me that Sam hasn't posted since Aug 8. ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On vacation. It IS hard work defending Trump all the time.

      Delete
  4. Went to the great blog in the sky?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you are expecting a big season for wood ticks. Ticks, tornados and trauma - the Yonkers Movie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had Lyme Disease many years ago. Had to walk on crutches with a swollen knee. Amoxycillin and probenecid took care of it. More recently doing a lot of yardwork down back the other day. Mowing and clearing weeds. Got stung by bees twice working around the morning glories. What's up with all the twisters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twisters in Chicago! As to the ticks, is it really the epidemic we keep hearing about out west? Or is it overblown?

      Delete
  7. How to define nice ICE -
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/us/articles/waiting-son-return-uss-lincoln-200359816.html?utm_source=pushly&ncid=pushly

    ReplyDelete
  8. When does Melania get deported?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or Baron... birthright citizenship.

      Along these lines, can anyone explain the nativist and Heritage American language of VP Vance and the reality of the Indian heritage of his in-laws, wife and now, children.

      How does he defend that discussion in his own own home?

      I know Usha... But I don't believe any of what I'm saying and besides, it doesn't relate to you honey. I just say it so I can be elected, take care of you and the family and give you everything you deserve.

      Delete
    2. See here's the thing. Everybody's assuming if Vance becomes president someday he'll just be a clone of Trump. Maybe not. Trump is so far out there it's hard to imagine a President Vance continuing on the same wrong course. VANCE IS FULFILLING HIS LAPDOG ROLE FOR NOW. I'll take my chances.

      Delete