Anything you'd like to add? Yes many of us become grouchier with age but Trump is totally joyless. Always looks angry. Persecution complex. Paranoid. Never any humor or light-heartedness. A joyless prick. A political hemorrhoid. No fun. The Nutty Emperor.
The last stage of the great MAGA breakup is now upon us. My big Trumper neighbor finally scraped off his big TRUMP sticker on the back of his minivan. Maybe got tired of the price of gas. As people take off their "45/47" and other Trump bumper stickers off their vehicles wondering what was the final straw. If I had to guess I'd say Trump's Reflecting Pool a-holism with Jeanine Pirro. Maybe too ICE's new shocker gloves are too much for some people. We can speculate.
Not to worry though. There is still a strong pro-Trump oasis still up on the web which shall remain nameless whose masthead should read "proud to be among the 10%."
So...other than that, how's life been treating ya?
ReplyDeleteTreading water like most Americans. Not saving but not going bankrupt either. Like to come home to an empty mailbox (no bills). Bones getting a little creaky.
ReplyDeleteSister comes over a couple times a week. A kind of house critic (e.g. hedges need trimming). Doesn't take into account 95+ degree weather. On the workfront Nurse Nancy knows how to suck all of the joy out of the place. Always look forward to coming home to my cats.
ReplyDeleteWhat's going on Marvin Gaye once asked? I'm trying to balance semi retirement with a life long need to feel useful in the world. In any event, some days I just want to turn on, tune in and drop out.
ReplyDeleteAm I worried about our humble USA abode? Yep. Am I, or anyone else likely to persuade a person to vote for this, or that person? Doubtful, though I might be able to encourage a few ppl not to give up on their faith in God.
Z-man, the guy scrapping off his stickers/decals is encouraging. But I won't hold my breath for real change until I see the Trump flags on poles, trucks and houses out here in the sagebrush west coming down.
BTW... quit your bellyaching [LOL] about 90+ temps. That's called an overnight low in my neck of the woods. At least for a few more weeks.
I guarantee you once the rest of the Trump stuff comes down and I believe it will a certain blogsite will be the Last of the Mohicans.
ReplyDeleteIt might already be. She's noticed no one is commenting on her broken records so her daily non coffee klatch has slowed to a crawl. And they're all reciting the same sad songs, which, according to Elton John, say so much.
DeleteI read that post. Only Jess and somebody else commented. She's thinking might be some kind of technical problem. Said she's not there to steer the conversation just what people think. Ummm okay.
DeleteNext time Trump switches planes for security, I hope they stick him on an Amazon drone headed to Tehran.
ReplyDeleteNever a dull moment with Trump. We need more dull moments.
ReplyDeleteSo Pirro in a desperate attempt to keep her job announced an arrest in a WW2 Memorial vandalism case. Wasn't aware this was a case. Might arrest someone pissing behind a tree next.
ReplyDeleteIs someone gonna spray paint Abe Lincoln next? What's up with all this?
ReplyDeleteMy guess is the marauders that got pardoned for Jan 6. Get a free pass
ReplyDeleteand play Monopoly of the 10%. They smell like sewer gas.
So let's say somebody paints a mustache on Ole Abe they can get 10 years in federal prison? Never understood the Law.
ReplyDeleteWen ote that Prez T has announced that the Straits of Hormuz are now
ReplyDelete"US Territory"/ Are they gonna pull the straits across the Atlantic and
anchor them in the American Gulf? Can't make this stuff up____
Perhaps Yonkers. The surreal presidency.
ReplyDeleteSo by my calculations and to the main point I think MAGA made a decision to tolerate a certain amount of stupidity but Trump runneth over. Dave more pessimistic MAGA will always be MAGA. BTW wondering what kind of president Vance would be. Many think he'd be Trump reiterated but let's remember he's just fulfilling his lapdog role for now. Also he still has his faculties. Trump is like the mad guy in the nursing home.
ReplyDeleteMy guess - if he lived next door, your ferals would be missing.
ReplyDeleteNo doubt.
DeleteWatched a PBS on Mr. Rogers , the King of kindness. If president, who would be in his cabinet?
ReplyDeleteNot Judge Judy.
ReplyDeleteColor me confused -
ReplyDeletehttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2026/aug/15/trump-washington-post-drug-prices
Arrogance and stupidity are a toxic mix
Trump needs to wake up in the morning and do nothing for the rest of the day. Don't act don't do don't speak. Nothing. Have a few days like that.
ReplyDeleteDon''t know about you, but I can think a hundred million US
ReplyDeletecitizens who could do better.
We all make mistakes say and do stupid things from time to time but with Trump it's chronic. Uncanny even. It's like he can't help it it's out of his control. Only half the brain works. Maybe less.
DeleteMonday day off?
ReplyDeleteMaybe out looking for a second job?
We note the GOP getting a chewing out from their own side for the
new more expensive but less effective infant vaccine schedule...sort of an Oz, JFK jr Trump blessed plan. Presidential-wise, George Washington is replacing Abe Lincoln in the Late Great Carrier Swap.
Looked at my birth certificate recently. My mother took the vaccines seriously. Just a few basic shots then MMR in public school. Not up on this but apparently there's a lot more shots on the vax schedule for the young'uns these days. Maybe one for premarure hair loss?
ReplyDeleteI recall back in the day, my Wife's friend asking what I thought of Trump as he descended the gold escalator with Melania. "Batshit Crazy". she was shocked, is dying of dementia and I am sticking with my original diagnosis. Today, he threatened to 'bomb the sh*t out of Oman and told ally S. Korea to lay off his 'good buddy Kim Un Jong. told the lady at the press conference from CNN to shut up, they only have fake news there. Holy Geeeeez!
ReplyDeleteYou can't fix stupid but Congress could impeach him or his Cabinet could invoke the 25th Amendment. What is everyone waiting for?
DeleteI'm trying to understand all this vaccine stuff. My Mom survived polio and was a nurse. A bigger vaccine believer I doubt you'd find. How can RFK say, and it's on tape, that no vaccines are safe?
ReplyDeleteAnd how can any serious person believe him?
And how can any serious person say we've never required vaccines for children? I guess that could be technically correct, but if you went to school in the 60s, 70s or 80s, vaccines were required for admission.
What in the name of God's green earth is going on?
A lot of people thought Trump was gonna make RFK Jr. Secretary of Agriculture or something not HHS. At least Oz has a medical degree. I'm fine with anti-vaxxers having full free speech but my main question to them is how would they prevent disease outbreaks? Turmeric and apple cider vinegar?
DeleteIn the military chemical corps, I got shots for al sorts of weird stuff -
ReplyDeleteYellow Fever, Chikungunya, Q-Fever, Plague etc. Gotta admit, I never caught any.. Had to be careful, or one could could quite sick from what they called over protein system shock, though.
So where is Jimmy Hoffa? Who did it? Tiny Tim? Taylor Swift? Surely there must be a conspiracy theory? LIke Hoffa found in Yonkers backyard? Inquiring minds never quit.
ReplyDeleteWe even got some kind of Tupac trial going but Hoffa is an eternal mystery. Are we ever gonna have closure?
DeleteThe vaccines. I've had poison ivy multiple times, jock itch, athlete's foot, ringworm, heat rash, a mosquito attack in the backyard once, a hemorrhoid but never had the shingles. Go figure. I better shut up.
ReplyDeleteChannel surfer here. You got "Chicago PD", "Chicago Fire", "Chicago MD." What's next "Chicago Sanitation"?
ReplyDeleteI had to give up FD and Med... to much soap opera. I want to watch a show and get resolution in an hour. And then maybe a few weeks later, watch another unconnected hour.
DeleteIf it's cops, I want the improbable crime solved. If it's fire, I want the drama of solving the cause and fighting the fire. Etc., etc.
Hill Street Blues back in the day got us started on thie connected "arc" style of show. Now everyone does it. Except of course, Law and Order.
DeleteI have occasionally watched Law and Order. Decent acting. Good stories. The old Hawaii Five-O was a good example of resolving things in an hour. Except for Wo-Fat.
DeleteWo-Fat... wow, I had not heard that in years Dano. My favorite was che fong, wonderfully aped in the Leslie Neilson take off Police Squad, which was loaded with sight gags...
DeleteBetter Chicago than Yonkers?
ReplyDeleteYonkers doing some major gentrification projects. Now we know where our tax dollars are going. I chronicled this once. From the day I mailed in my property tax check it cleared in THREE days.
ReplyDeleteCougars making night traffic safer out this way -
ReplyDeletehttps://weather.com/2026/08/12/lifestyle/pets/mountain-lions-are-quietly-solving-one-of-the-biggest-problems-on-americas
Your feral friends doing their part in the Yonkers night?
That's very interesting and makes sense. Sometimes I'll bump across some stupid video on YouTube. What would happen if we introduced tigers across North America Now why would you want to do that? What's next cobras?
DeleteHere's our big gentrification move out here in the Las Vegas area. Traffic circles. instead of 4 way stops, we're moving to roundabouts. The theory being less chance for speeders to T bone cars and instead we'll see side swipes. Much less danger. But it all seems so genteel. Very un west coast.
ReplyDeleteWe have a couple in our small town. Sort of like slot racing and more like a roust about than a round a bout.
ReplyDeleteThe auto body shops make out as always.
ReplyDeleteIn Westchester NY just past Peekskill on 9 there's this huge traffic circle at the bottom of the hill before you go up to the Bear Mountain Brdige. No traffic lights well warning ones anyway and constant merging from all directions. Call it the death circle. Before you travel that way you call up your lawyer the night before and make sure your will is in order.
ReplyDeleteYou notice many drones hovering over your sidewalk?
ReplyDeletehttps://www.yonkersny.gov/1261/Yonkers-Police-Department-Deploys-Citywi
Again things like that and Yonkers gentrification projects might explain the high property taxes. In fact they never seem to go down not even a little. Glad to do my part. That'd be me smoking my pipe on my porch.
ReplyDeleteI guess you are on the fence on vaccines, but we note that the new experimental mRNA vaccine for melanoma has shown very good promise in patient studies. The option, of course is to continue with RFK Jr's potion of eggplant skin and sauteed oragutan urine distilled through a black widow spider webb. Ya takes yer pick.
ReplyDeleteNot anti. Very pro. Old school. The classic and time-tested vaccines. You can't hurry love and you can't hurry vaccines. Doesn't end up well. Not into the new tech (lipid nanoparticles and modified mRNA that has never existed in Nature before). If you can hurry a covid vax you can also hurry new cancer drugs. You can't have it both ways.
Deletenational debt passed #30 Trillion this week. that won't help your tax relief. me, i got 3/2 cans of Prince Albert. Ought to last well into October. Was watching 'R. Oakley, Yukon Vet' yesterday. Guy had a bobcat needed a house call check up. Big gray thing, looked like our Kazzy. The put her under and were checking Sugar's genitalia and
ReplyDeleteDr. Oakley started singing 'Do you see what I see? Sugar was a little boy. Should they change her Bob Cat name. Hey! you are up to 50 comments. Gonna go for 100 and show off for a couple other blogs i
know of?
Don't think bobcats are legal to own in New York. Do Sasquatch make good pets?
DeleteSaw a case where an American in Spain picked up a couple of 'cuties' and woke up totally confused with no memory. Traced his problem to
ReplyDeletescopalamine, a powerful drug that neutralizes the brain. Back in the day, there was the Mickey Finn- chloralhydrate, a few drops of which knocked out your drinking partner.. Bro in law, bigshot with NOAA fisheries, was in discussions in Moscow Russia. He more or less lived on gin and tonic, but the Soviet vodka gave him problems. Woke up in his room, no id, no money, no billforld. Had to stagger to the US Embassy for help. International diplomacy is always dicey no? Long since retired, he became a tee-totaler and grows hydroponic tomatoes in his basement. Hey, need any chloral hydrate, I'm a reitired chemist!
Never understood alcoholism. Why do folk feel the need to drink the whole bottle? If I'm watching a movie then all of a sudden Seinfeld is on and the digital clock says 11:20 PM and I don't know how the movie ended I'm good. No need to fight water buffalo.
ReplyDeleteMore tornados in your area. Might have to rename one of your friendly
ReplyDeletefine ferals Toto.
George Carlin once noted after a tornado nobody can find their cat.
DeleteDunno about you,but this -
ReplyDeletehttps://abcnews.com/Politics/navy-mulls-stripping-black-war-heros-aircraft-carrier/story?id=135836486
But makes me want to seal the Donald in own billion dollar bunker under his billion dollar ballroom. What is chutzpa?
What makes the Donald tick?
DeleteIf he wants a carrier named after him may I suggest USS Dickhead?