Wednesday, August 05, 2026

What would we do without Trump?

 We are all Trumpaholics right now.  It would be nice if we can get back to discussing real solutions to real problems.  The doddering old man is a diversion.  Can we somehow get back on track?

16 comments:

  1. he's everywhere - blogs, TV, podcasts, truth social. Saw the interview with his niece, a Dr. of Psychology where she explained what he is and does, but noted quite a decline in his cognition. Hardly sleeps, has started deporting veterans and checking on his bible sales.at 3AM.
    Hard to remember normal, let alone decent. Most First Families have a pet. He needs a companion cobra?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep deprivation psychosis? I worked with a few. Definitely cognitive issues. In one recent interview he couldn't remember the word for "video" so said "moving camera" instead. There is an elephant in the GeeeZers living room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are there any other topics though? I say cat you say Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need help in creating your own biological virus"
    https://www.engadget.com/2232014/ai-is-now-making-new-viruses/?utm_source=firefox-newtab-en-us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like you wake up in the morning and the world is totally different.

      Delete
  5. Z... regarding the Mothership... they've forgotten the golden rule of discussion. If everyone agrees, there's nothing to discuss. Or, to put it another way, every group needs and antagonist. The antagonist helps people see blind spots, better think about their views and provides pushback when the Amen Chorus gets a jumpin'...

    But when people like BB and I are called "nasty" and sent to the hinterlands, a big elephant in the room is what you get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say this. I've read views there I've never heard before in my life like maybe some slaveowners were nice to their slaves. Lemonade breaks? Get a load of this one. The discussion was measles. One commenter said in the old days parents would knowingly send their kids to another house with measles so they'd catch it develop immunity and get it over with. I was born in 1964 and I never remember this. Are they sniffing glue?

      Delete
    2. Measles and Chicken Pox "parties" did exist. Families would try to quickly infect everyone to get it over with. But then, horror of horrors, we came up with vaccines. None of which our Sec of HHS Kennedy is on tape saying work.

      They so want to live in Leave it to Beaver Land, in fact they've even said so. Which reminds me of the famous quote from June Cleaver when talking to her husband about discipling the young guy.

      "Ward, you were a little tough on the beaver last night."

      Is it true? Who knows, but it sure can bring a laugh in the middle of a bunch of orange crud.

      Delete
    3. I must've lived a sheltered life or maybe it was before my time point being the commenter I forget who (they're pretty much interchangeable) talked about it approvingly like back in the day. Time warp people.

      Delete
  6. I can't wait for the day Trump is gone but sadly like Reaganism before it, Trumpism will remain for years and be studied for decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This much must be said. Reagan had a far better personality.

      Delete
  7. " Are they sniffing glue?" In one nostril. Sam, Jeff, Joe conservative and other assorted boogers out the other. *heh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. And it ain't Elmer's.

    Slaves had a union job. Who knew? The th ings you learn over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do admire Joe C in a way. Every time he visits Shaw they rip him 3 new assholes but he keeps coming back. Like a Jehovah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey... are you aware Joe C is -FJ, is Joe Cameltoe, is Thersites, is SpeedyG? All one in the same... sumpin' ain't right there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One way you know if it's a composite user is if they post at 3 in the AM. Some folks got too much time on their hands.

    ReplyDelete