Never a real news junkie myself but kept seeing the name Lindsay Clancy on my phone the last few weeks. Saw that hundreds of women were dressed in pink outside the courtroom supporting her. Hmmm some kind of true crime story so finally clicked on one of the links. At first I thought here was a woman who probably shot her husband in self-defense or killed a rapist. Turned out to be something entirely different as we all know. Now it's theoretically possible that she was technically insane in the strict legal definition of the word although I don't personally lean in that direction myself so I appreciate the different POVs but are we sure we want to make this pretty bizarre and tragic case into the latest cause of feminism and women's rights? Then there is the doxxing of the lone holdout juror a black man in his 30s. NBC Boston doing the major doxxing here which from what I'm hearing might be illegal and a crime in itself but I'm no Dershowitz.
Didn't know Oprah had a podcast but why not everyone else does. Held some kind of town hall special on the whole thing. She really does have guru cultlike powers as the room jam-packed with young women all zombie-like nodded in agreement with every pro-Lindsay Clancy utterance onstage. All except for one young woman who basically said what I hear from the average person these days that Clancy should have been held legally responsible for her actions. It's not that people don't have differences of opinion they do but the absolutely monolithic wall of viewpoint at the Oprah town hall was downright weird imo.
Thought I'd do another post on this as people still rapping about it.
Water under the bridge by now?
ReplyDeleteThey're not leaving the lone holdout alone that's why it's still a story.
ReplyDeleteAnother issue as well. By doxxing the lone holdout this may have the effect of intimidating future jurors if they don't vote the "right" way in particular a future Lindsay Clancy jury as there will probably be a retrial at some point. Not quite water under the bridge. More like ripples.
ReplyDeleteSince they replaced my computer with windows 11 it is nothing but GoogleCrap. Gotta call them later in the day about transferring photos from camera to Microsoft Photos. Been using Picasa, a simple photo
ReplyDeleteextension since 2007. Worked fine - they said I gotta get up to date.
Middle daughter in running to become dept chair in biology at a midwest university. You ever miss your old jobs?
Maybe not so much the jobs but some of the people. I thought Google was declared some kind of monopoly and they were gonna break it up. Everybody's in love with ai but we're not on board. Can it do my taxes and get me a refund?
ReplyDeleteAn anecdote - Speaking about jobs a very long time ago my sister was a nurse's aide or something.. One day she was walking home in her white uniform and passed a bunch of young men. One of them goes up to her and says "nurse nurse my balls hurt." She goes up and says to him get some Epsom salt and mix it with water and go soak them. The guy's friends ribbed him "she got you."
ReplyDeleteBodega down the block charging high prices. I think they make up the prices as you pay. Bought a few items and gave her a twenty figuring that would cover it. Had to give her a few more singles. Said next time I'll bring my credit card. I said do I get any change? She said no. I said you never do.
ReplyDeleteLast time going there.
I see that Dr. Oz has cured tinnitus --\
ReplyDeletehttps://usvitalitychronicle.com/?src=usatodaydemo&utm_medium=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.taboola.com%2Flibtrc%2Fstatic%2Fthumbnails%2F3ab9128544719a72ede661c8721547a6.png&utm_content=Intense+ringing+in+your+ears%3F+Do+this+if+it+persists%21&utm_term=1696898912&click_id=tblSYV6eQAGQCiAsKH0Fr7YGYUSJCG-udpiLp-4vmcX8XsZY_hZMQuw85xCQCRiB7pHAhdjgmU8g_JCx44o0KJ64fzCzzIUYOKHSmtGon5KoJEAC&cpc=%7Bcpc%7D&sub1=50423347&utm_source=Taboola&utm_campaign=Copy+of+TT+-+01+-+cp+09.09&sub4=4322031623&sub5=usatodaydemo&sub6=Intense+ringing+in+your+ears%3F+Do+this+if+it+persists%21&sub7=Desktop&sub8=1168&sub9=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.taboola.com%2Flibtrc%2Fstatic%2Fthumbnails%2F3ab9128544719a72ede661c8721547a6.png&sub10=2026-09-16+22%3A52%3A53&ref_id=tblSYV6eQAGQCiAsKH0Fr7YGYUSJCG-udpiLp-4vmcX8XsZY_hZMQuw85xCQCRiB7pHAhdjgmU8g_JCx44o0KJ64fzCzzIUYOKHSmtGon5KoJEAC&tblci=tblSYV6eQAGQCiAsKH0Fr7YGYUSJCG-udpiLp-4vmcX8XsZY_hZMQuw85xCQCRiB7pHAhdjgmU8g_JCx44o0KJ64fzCzzIUYOKHSmtGon5KoJEAC&twrclid=92474722461595648&rtkcid=6aab1dfed7b53de064baf5dc&rtkcmpid=6aa030344f36f28301f20afa#tblcitblSYV6eQAGQCiAsKH0Fr7YGYUSJCG-udpiLp-4vmcX8XsZY_hZMQuw85xCQCRiB7pHAhdjgmU8g_JCx44o0KJ64fzCzzIUYOKHSmtGon5KoJEAC
My primary doctor not of much help. Never offered a working theory like the CIA is doing it. He said the priority is cancer research. Can't disagree with him there. I discussed my chronic tinnitus with him one day and he got on safer ground by changing the subject to colonoscopy. Had the colonoscopy still have the tinnitus.
ReplyDelete