Don't care much to discuss it.
The Lindsay Clancy murder trial in Massachusetts. Lindsay Clancy all over the news. She strangled to death her three young children. The defense claims post-partum psychosis. 6th day of deliberations and jury still deadlocked. The defense not guilty by reason of insanity is as old as the hills. Nothing new and not being a true crime expert I'm guessing to be valid this is on the rare side. If a person kills somebody say because they think a bear is attacking them and you can prove it in court ok. I'd have to say obviously the holdup here is that some jurors want to convict and the others are leaning towards the post-partum psychosis defense. Justice vs. social correctness perhaps. Reading some commentary on the matter and the politically correct position becomes let her off you're a man and don't understand pregnancy and hormones. Don't box me in I like to freely ponder. Personally after all is said and done I would hold her to account.
Other subjects with the guardrails. If you're a man and am against abortion that's automatically invalid. Incidentally Gloria Steinem just passed. I am intellectually against the death penalty but it's pointless to discuss as the vast majority are for it. Executioner - weird career. Is it a turn-on for women? What makes somebody go into that field? People divided on porn kind of an open field. Same with cannabis. Some topics you're only allowed one option others are free for discussion. Back in the day Phil Donahue mostly talked about sex then Oprah came along and respectabilzed the talk show thing. I ramble......
The whole Trump topic is convoluted. Hard to follow after awhile.
Juries remain an enigma to me. Got called up back in the day. I was overloaded at work and short on time. Lawyer says to me " how would you see this?" I said "If the police arrested and charged him, he must be guilty" They picked me any way.. Turned out, I was the only yes vote in the whole jury. So I caved in. Next year Mrs. got on a jury. some cashier at a restaurant was robbing the till. They all agreed he was guilty. He was put on probation. We saw him working as a casheir at two different restaurants. Mrs. hid her face behind the menu. On the other hand ya got yer Ted Bundys. Wide ranging topic, sort of.
ReplyDeleteShaw's fast moving blog. She went off the beaten path recently and posted about the Lindsay Clancy trial. Awkward when most of her posters agree with most of her posts which are mainly political. What happens when you disagree? While she may have increased my knowledge I am still so far away from jumping on the support Lindsay Clancy support train. I smoke my pipe and I ponder. Best I can do.
ReplyDeleteThe 'other blog' also pondered the Lindsey Clancy case along with Shaw and the rest of the country. Kind of a mystery over there with long time poster Sam having disappeared now for over a month. Friendly guy - he always referred to me as stupid communist trash. He claims to work in navy intelligence: which makes in an oxymoron. But I don't hold grudges. I see that a robot has set the record in the 100 meter dash Holy Tin Woodsman!
ReplyDeleteI did just now find and get up to speed on her post about the case. I could read the comment from Anonymous ten times and not understand any of it. Kind of scattered opinions. The Shaw post was more definite in pov no doubt owing to her personal experiences.
DeleteI don't like any framing of the issue that makes you into a bad person if you support accountability and a conviction. I think innocent by reason of insanity is a high bar. If there are problems with a conviction I'm sure that would be appealed and issues can be read dressed later. It wouldn't be the end of the matter but if an acquittal is wrong it could set a bad precedent.
Scromiting, another new word for your lexicon.
ReplyDeletehttps://health.yahoo.com/your-body/substance-use/marijuana/articles/scromiting-er-doctors-seeing-more-174748807.html?utm_source=pushly&ncid=pushly
the way things are going it may be caused by other than cannabis.
Just a few weeks ago I was piping on my front porch and some young guy walking past seemed to be doing something similar to this and people were looking like wtf. Between this and the solicitors I can't smoke in peace.
DeleteMaria Bartiromo, the business anchor at Fox News terminated after 12
ReplyDeleteyears. Some are thinking she may be the new Trump spokesperson.
Opinion?
Why would anyone want to be his spokesperson? Just this morning I read on my phone at least 5 demented things Trump said that no normal person with faculties would say. I lost track of it all his ramblings. At this stage of the game it's enabling dementia no other way to put it.
ReplyDelete