Basically just writing checks to pay off bills. Saving very little if any money. No big raises at work. No discounts on pipe tobacco. Bodega down the block overcharges my items as I place them on the counter. Still have to cut my grass. Where is my mansion?
I am privileged though to pay the Yonkers Property Tax. Second installment today.
Hey you guys... If you're willing. How much is your property tax bill?
ReplyDeleteMine's about $1800.00.
Either of you in a state where seniors are exempt? That's not possible here in Nevada but I've heard it does exist in some states.
My total property tax bill for the City of Yonkers this year is about $4,200 roughly. First I pay the Westchester County tax. That's fairly early in the year about $750. I can deal with that but then I have to pay about $1,400 in the next 3 installments. First one was due in late July then the one I just paid is due Oct. 6 then the last payment is due Jan. 6 of next year.
DeleteThere is the NYS STAR rebate program so I get $850 every year from the state. Also known as school tax relief. That's a good sum but I have so many other bills you hardly see the money. I would gladly swap bills with you.
DeleteGood time for a Fancy Feast blowout sale?
ReplyDeleteHave to add for Yonkerites once you turn 65 you can apply for a property tax senior exemption. If you served in the military that's another exemption. My late Dad had that (Navy WW2). Finally there's a disability exemption. Does tinnitus count?
ReplyDeleteYeah so let that all sink in. Saw some website too Yonkers one of the worst places to retire.
ReplyDeleteWill Trump rename Yonkers?
Been in the same house for 48 years now. Property taxes gone for $700 to $4000 since. Am I the victim of 'curb appeal' ?
ReplyDeleteThey say new cars depreciate as soon as you drive them out of the showroom. Old houses increase in value?
ReplyDeleteMy property tax is worse than my income tax.
And they don't even offer you payment options. ConEdison my energy provider actually encourages numerous payment options. Yonkers City Hall just sends you the bill this is what you owe and we don't care if you had to pay for a roofing repair. I googled this. You can actually go to their offices to work out some sort of payment plan if it really came to that but who wants to do that? Like visiting the Mob.
ReplyDelete