Sunday, December 28, 2008

As a person...

...who feels that the majority of us do not wind up in Hell as a religious extremist I'm somewhat of a disappointment. I've always maintained it's a theological mystery and have a problem when priests or ministers go out on a limb here in their sermons. I'm not dogmatic either, it's none of the pastor's business imo how many times Lino circle-jerked on a Friday night. I find it hard not to be spiritual though and if anything anti-religious extremism is a problem. When Michael Schiavo forbade the hospice chaplain from giving Terri a drink of wine as part of the Last Rites that's pretty creepy in my book but anywho let's get to the nub or the hub shall we and define this case known in the lefty blogosphere as Religious Extremism, as it stands now it's a little vague and I invite as much bloviating and ranting as possible. If you don't believe in mermaids then why do you obsess about them?

7 comments:

  1. When people have nothing to add to a discussion or real logic in their arguments, they seem to find it easier to try to discredit someone else instead, and so they call us religious extremists and such. Kinda sad if you think about it, it's like the third grade mentality, make yourself feel better by bringing someone else down. Liberalism in a nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it was you, I thought it might be Collins with his witticism or Debbi or Jen. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm upstairs and I suppose to be packing to head back home after the football game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a true religious extremist is someone who is totally sold out for Jesus. that means loving your neighbor (christian neighbor or otherwise) more than your self. now that is a radical idea in all of its applications.

    kw

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I ask when Bob or Collins or Deb start pontificating about us Religious Extremists is that they define the term instead of throwing liberal buzzwords around. It's as if they're making the curious argument that you have to be a pro-life atheist before they'll listen to you. With the world so f****d up right now I have every right to believe in the Devil but it doesn't mean I vote that way. Cut us some slack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They cannot define things, they just regurgitate the BS they read from NOW and the Democratic Underground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. & they talk about our playbook. At least we try to update ours from time to time, compassionate conservatism, fighting AIDS but it's like Gloria Steinem is still their editor.

    ReplyDelete