Sunday, December 28, 2008

I can't put my finger on it

There's a rather sizeable subgroup of people out there, they're not bad people by any stretch, you don't hate them, they don't deserve your opprobrium but there's just something about them, they're vaguely annoying, irritating in some way. Worked with a young guy once, didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't even drink coffee because it has caffeine. He came to work every single day always it seemed with a good night's sleep under his belt. I talked about it one day with someone how he's always so highly alert, efficient and she said "he doesn't abuse his body" but I found him annoying anyway with his energy/vitamin drink he always carried around with him. He seemed too perfect, the kind who lived a perfect life, never even uncorked one in a pinch, probably has a minor fortune in the bank because he always did the right thing and saved his money, never went out on New Year's and got hammered. He never came to work complaining of a poor night's sleep and for that reason alone you can't relate to him, you begin to think he's hiding some vast and dark secret, dust off the skeleton in the closet oh boy! as my friend said some people will put down gays but they'll be living weird lives themselves. I remember reading a newsletter from Fr. Bruce Ritter of Covenant House fame and how he was driving one day and on came Dr. Ruth with her "evil little chortle" as he put it (good line though) but look what happened to him. So the guy always did the same thing everyday, he'd sometimes go without his lunch maybe not so much to impress but because virtue demanded it. As a Religious Extremist I should have liked the guy but he was so perfect you began thinking if you hired a crane and tore down his house somewhere beneath the ruins would be his scat video collection or hire a PI and you'd find him going into some dungeon. You don't drink you don't smoke I'm cool with that, you don't have your cup of coffee or tea in the morning and you got my curiosity up bossman,

what's your story?

24 comments:

  1. i don't drink or smoke but i will not, can not, go without my coffee (with real cream)

    maybe the guy was mormon.

    kw

    ReplyDelete
  2. No coffee??? Must not be human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drink both coffee and liquor. I gave up smoking a long time ago (never smoked all that much anyway).

    I've got my vices. I've got my virtues. The latter far outweigh the former.

    My buddy Grant (the one that ran for state house) is something of a purest too. He does drink but he's hardcore about his eating habits and all that (raw veggies, organic, no processed crap, etc.)

    He loaned me a book about it and I scanned through it. Not for me.

    I told him: "What the hell you want to live to be like 150 for so you can pay taxes forever?"

    Hell I even pondered taking up smoking again just to "get on with it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. soap,

    don't do that we would miss you

    kw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have no fear Kris, it was only said in jest.

    Don't ya know, I'd miss you guys just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever meet a real vegan? Now not only do they not eat meat of course but they take it a step further and don't partake of any dairy products either. They look sickly pasty and pale. I have to laugh at these joggers you see early in the morning when you're on your way to work. You're driving at 6 AM and you see one coming at you, yeah they're healthy all right, they'll look real good in the casket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dennis Kucinich is a vegan.

    I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever met a stricky carnivore? I mean these people don't eat any veggies. They have a side of pork with their T-Bone steak.

    These are my kind of people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somebody called me a faggot the other day at Danny's blog 'cause I make quiche, he said Real Men eat steak. You sound like a real man soapie, excuse me while I go feng shui my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The saying is that real men don't eat quiche, but I find men who can make it rather cool. Think breakfast in bed, sounds yummier than toast or cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. & I made the spinach one differently today, put the grated cheese, the spinach and my mixture (with the special secret sauce, don't tell!) all in a bowl together and mixed it up and it just came out of the oven a 1/2 hour later real YUM-O so I invited Richard Simmons and Perez Hilton over...

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol, you are making me hungry... not for Richard Simmoms though...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Working with my chef friend once and he had to make these seafood pastry puffs so I jokingly called him a faggot. I said "yeah when you're all up in the kitchen there and you're making this stuff you cover it up with manly talk like What About That Game Last Night?" He could take a joke but I'm curious if someone could make me a list of gay food so I won't make it again,

    honestly I didn't know, clue me in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is no such thing as gay food of course, it's just people who are insecure start calling names of others because they are trying to deny their confusion on their own sexual orientation.

    Not that there's anything WRONG with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As cometlook used to say at Hannity it's latency.

    lol, they had a dream about it once and every time they look at a mushroom they get embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quiche (provided it's not "wet") rocks.

    I say any dick that would call you a faggot for making one much less eating one, has some sexual issues he himself is experiencing.

    What would he say if you ate your quiche off of a naked woman's body?? Not that you would. Just curious how he might respond.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Not that there's anything WRONG with it!"

    Sooo Seinfeld and oh so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Z-man said...
    "Somebody called me a faggot the other day at Danny's blog 'cause I make quich"


    You sure sound like a Limp Weenie to me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK we'll give you a drumroll if it makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. soap: "What would he say if you ate your quiche off of a naked woman's body? Not that you would."

    I like the way your mind operates but your second qualifier is false btw, sounds just yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well I should say, I'd eat quiche off a naked woman's body too. Though it's a bit unclear my motives for doing so. Because it just so happens I like quiche and I like naked women.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well when I mentioned the thought of breakfast in bed when I thought of a man who could make quiche, I didn't quite have the ideas you guys have in mind, but now that you mention it, I'd be game...

    ReplyDelete
  23. So far this blog is a definite PG-13 but I may have to upgrade that, lol.

    ReplyDelete