Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The incredibly obese

Here's the way I break it down. Now for the vast majority of us we won't go over a certain weight, most of us are probably overweight but within reasonable limits, a sensible paunch but it stops there and WHY you may ask? Has to do with one of the two strongest and most primal urges in human nature

EL SEXO,

the other being food of course. OK so now most of us enjoy both or at least hope to enjoy the fever of which Madonna sings about but the deal is we pretty much know that if it's too much going down the pike foodwise we ain't getting the other thing. Just trying to break things down here to their most elemental, most basic, most simplistic so the ones you occasionally see on Springer and in real life, those who are fat in an awesome way have pretty much made their decision in Life. They're going with the food and I can understand this. God gave you taste buds and as Gwyneth Paltrow said on one installment of Spain - On the Road Again "dieting is a horrible way to live" and I agree BUT...so at what crossroads point in your life's journey do you make the choice for food, that philosophical watershed of never going back to the other thing? Don't tell me it's metabolism because if you step out of the shower one night and you see you're 500 freakin' pounds you know you have to do something about it and do it now if you're ever gonna get that spoonful of lovin' going, the tub with the candles and the Barry White pumping in. It's all good though because it's all about choice, in this case FOOD VS. SEX, I just find it interesting is all.

9 comments:

  1. ron jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a blog I kept in the Tupperware for quite some time and I remember talking to my chef friend at work one day about it. Ya gotta have stuff in the 'fridge during those slow blogging cycles and it hit me walking into the library just now, eh go with it. The long and the short of it most of us won't go over a certain weight range because of the ole Fear Factor. I remember working in a nursery/fence company once and we were all in the office after work one day as was our custom to discuss the day's work and to make small talk and the head carpenter goes "I once had a 500 pound woman and boy was she good!!" Honestly I would've kept this to myself but we're a talkative culture. So you made her day pal, how many others are as noble as you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, maybe there was some green stuff growing in that Tupperware perhaps?

    My main motivation for not gaining TOO much is not wanting to buy more clothing, but your theory is probably a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's more than a theory, somewhere along the line a decision was made. Look I'm not anti-fat, I don't hate them but this whole fat acceptance movement, I'm sorry but you CAN help it. At some point a choice was made you don't give a rat's ass if you gain 500 pounds. Some years back there was a big brouhaha on some airline 'cause the obese were required to pay for two seats. Somehow it's all a part of PC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. George Costanza had it right when he brought a Pastrami on Rye into the bedroom. Dare I say it's sure to be the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think there are a few who can't help it, and for those who can it might not be a conscious decision either, but I don't think we totally accept overweightness as being okey-dokey.

    On a related note, the reason universal health care bothers me is because there are those who don't take care of themselves, and it seems very wrong that those who do exercise and eat healthy have to pay for the smokers, drinkers and fast foodies. Am I evil for thinking this way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to take my Dad to the ER a few years ago. At that point I wasn't in a hospital for quite some time and so we made arrangements to see some doc and so we're all in the waiting room at 11 o'clock at night watching Seinfeld (funny how this show keeps coming up) and I'm thinking they're people waiting for patients, not the patients themselves. Poor folk who go to the ER for the sniffles 'cause they're fully covered by Medicaid whereas you have to pay out of your ass. Read about this problem of people clogging up ERs with their less than serious ailments in US News and World Report, apparently it's a national problem. You know I think it's this crowd that voted for Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...those who do exercise and eat healthy have to pay for the smokers."

    I'll see if I can find the exact links to the studies Beth. But, I will tell you, the notion that the "healthy" folks subsidize the healthcare of smokers is a total farce. When you factor in the excessive taxes upon tobacco products and the fact that habitual smokers do not typically live as long as those who do not, it is actually tobacco users that subsidize the healthcare of non-smokers.

    Perfect example is the recent tax increase on tabacco products which is to pay for the SCHIP expansion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with soap on this one and that's the real reason they're always raising cig taxes.

    ReplyDelete