Thursday, June 02, 2011

Don't get involved with Anthony's Weiner

Already I'm beginning to read the conservative punditocracy microanalyzing what happened, that a risque picture was somehow sent to a young female college student out West from New York Democratic Congressman Anthony Weiner's Twitter account. It's a mildly interesting scandal at the beginning of summer, something to sip on in the shade of your hammock and points to the fact of a rather bleak GOP presidential field if this is what we're spending time on. I like this stuff but only for the entertainment value, I don't want to bring the man down. He doesn't look the type and with a name like his you'd think he'd be extra-vigilant for potential scandals of this nature. Speaking of underwear doesn't Obama look like a male underwear model? You know you're in Sears or the Big K looking for some Hanes or Fruit of the Loom and there he is on that fresh cottony package in his briefs rather well-toned and grinning from ear to ear. I think I heard on the news that Weiner has something like 50,000 followers on Twitter so anything's bound to happen. I'm hearing he ain't acting right, ain't acting like an innocent man and why didn't he go to the cops over this? Anyway enjoy the scandal for what it's worth but if this is your way of pushing forward a public-policy agenda to counter Obama's it has that prurient look to it like finding an orange pubic hair in the drain of a public shower. I feel a little skeevy even talking about it. It's all fungusy so let's not spend too much time on it OK?

6 comments:

  1. I am back from Dallas and mighty blissful... did you miss me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard at the time Dallas might get hit by those twisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only twister that hit Dallas was me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm hearing he ain't acting right, ain't acting like an innocent man and why didn't he go to the cops over this?"



    If he's innocent then the whole wold is cock-eyed! (No pun intended)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he's learning about the pitfalls of social media. Been wondering how much time conservatives should be spending on this though. If they can get enough of these little scandals going do they ride the big PhallusShip into the next election?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "If they can get enough of these little scandals going do they ride the big PhallusShip into the next election?"

    Unfortunately yes. And in the process the big PhallusShip ends up screwing us all.

    ReplyDelete