Friday, September 30, 2011

Mitt Romney - I can't get all that jazzed up about the guy

First off his health care program in Massachusetts was the model for Obamacare. Judging from his latest debate performance with Rick Perry (oh, are there others?) he doesn't seem to want to touch the third rail of Social Security so that's second. Third off he seems rather bland, very bland in fact like a safe conservative choice in a polyester suit (read: moderate). I believe that as we speak he's pro-life but I don't think he's firmly rooted in any one direction except the zeitgeist or the base or whatever, four. Mormonism, you can take it or leave it but for me it has just the touch of the cult but that's not a five. I'm just not that into him. The GOP Establishment (Nancy Reagan, Henry Kissinger, Bush, the New York Post) pushing Chris Christie on us has the feel of someone trying to fix you up and I always hated that. It's the pushing that I find suspect (what, nobody else out there?) and Ron Paul is McCain's age. It'd take the edge away if Hillary ran against Obama which usually when there's no primary to speak of it means the guy's a champion but c'mon. A champion to whom, Shaw? Personally I prefer to watch X Factor, it takes my mind off things:)

10 comments:

  1. It's ideas and principles that get me jazzed. Age isn't an issue. Hell Obi Wan and Yoda were old but you'd be a damn fool to write them off now wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romney's been running for a long time. 'Course with a name like Mitt....

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a name like Mitt your campaign slogan writes itself.

    Mitt's the shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda like the ring of "Cain versus Unable" for the general election. I think the guy has most of the qualifications to be a great President. His only shortcoming is in foreign affairs, but the right VP choice, and a QUALITY Cabinet, will more than make up for that. As a very successful CEO, he is used to surrounding himself with the highest quality people available, and as any business person knows, that is the surest way to being successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd vote for him problem being the best candidates aren't usually at the top of the heap. It's kinda like American Idol, sometimes the #2 or 3 finisher is better than the one who wins it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey soap I was behind a pickup truck in White Plains the other day and someone had scrawled the words "John Galt" on a metal part near the rear bumper. I like stuff like that, intelligent and literary graffiti for a change instead of the ghetto crap you can never quite understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hence while I dig Banksy's shit. Google it. Banksy

    As for Cain and his business experience, this notion that the economy is a car and we just need the right person to rev the engine is nonsense. The economy is organic. It comprises the day to day interactions of each and everyone of us. You don't need some leader to facitate in so much as you need them all to get the fuck out of the way and let it organically do its thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of which are you watching the new Ken Burns documentary "Prohibition"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No but I got the gist of it. I may tune in. I think they touched on it on CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood or something. I caught a little clip over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's already out on DVD. Pete Hamill said it best in the film when he said he hasn't had a drink in 35 years but if suddenly they passed a law tomorrow saying you can't drink he'd be out there protesting with a drink in his hand. Watch it, it's right up soapster's alley.

    ReplyDelete