Monday, September 26, 2011

Mr. Port Authority Toll Hikes as the savior of the GOP?

They won't give him up and I'm not getting it. Some influential GOPers, some real Republican movers and shakers, didn't quite get their names but a large swath of them are former Bush donors which should tell you something right there and they're practically stalking NJ Governor Chris Christie to enter the rather disappointing field. Calling his office at all hours of the day, sending love letters, behind his shower curtain, in his closet, behind him in the diner. Saw a few recent pictures of the Governor and is it just me or has he gotten Bigger? He seems positively gargantuan these days and practically dwarfs out everyone else in the picture. Now when I was having a weight problem myself not that long ago I got out of the shower one evening and looked at myself in the mirror and said OK this and no more so at what point do you even stop noticing these things? PUT DOWN THE FUCKING KRISPY KREMES!!!!!! Not exactly a role model for our yoot so what does it cost to cross the GW Bridge these days 12 bucks for cash-paying commuters? going up to 15 I believe in a couple of years and this is the Savior of the GOP party just 'cause Rick Perry had a couple dismal debates??? You know I was never that great at the whole job interview thing but I think I'm a real kickass worker just the same. God help us and already those red-light cams are sprouting up all over Jersey like some vast police state. BTW did you catch NYC Police Commissioner Ray Kelly on 60 Minutes last night? I'd be afraid to scratch my nuts. Oh yeah I knew this was coming but apparently technology is in the works for those traffic cams to be rejiggered somehow to see how fast you're going too, that's being discussed in Albany right now believe it or not. You know when you consider that most towns, villages and city speed limits are artificially low I'd go bankrupt. The topic of Chris Christie causes me to ramble but just 'cause he has a penchant for the blunt talk ("get the hell off the beach!") and can somehow control a budget but not his own food intake doesn't mean you have to get all hot and sweaty, have a man crush on the guy. It's like they want to take him in the woods and Ned Beatty him or something. Palin/Bachmann, now that's your ticket. We can at least see who can out-brainfart each other:)

12 comments:

  1. The establishment is desparate. I loathe the establishment. If they manage to ram through their candidate of choice I've no doubt they'll get their comeuppance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the attraction to Christie exactly? He along with NY Governor Andrew Cuomo, another darling of the establishment, recently approved a set of massive and I mean massive Port Authority toll hikes for all the major tunnels, bridges and crossings. So big deal they signed onto the plan only if the PA agreed to do these increases over a couple years' time. Cuomo's another one, overrated. Helped pass gay marriage in NY, his claim to fame but again with Christie signed onto those toll hikes which will rape the average commuter going to and fro from NY to NJ not to mention truckers and commerce in general. If Christie is the best we've got it doesn't speak much for conservatism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two sides, same coin. By that I mean both sides want the reigns of power. They want the purse strings. They want new sources of revenue so they can control the system to their advantage rather than letting the people have control over themselves. Does anyone on our side of the aisle really believe that Romney or Cain or Perry or Christie really give a damn about individuals? Do they really think that if these cats got into power they wouldn't merely start using said power to pay back the special interests who got them into political power? Of course they would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fat lawyer from Newark? Seems OK, GOP has just about everything
    else running....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would absolutely love to see a Palin/Bachmann ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And every time I look at Chris Christie, I can't help it.. all I see is Rex Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the two ditzy broads ticket myself. Also Palin can somewhat blunt coventional liberal wisdom about conservatives and tea partiers, that they harbor racist thoughts know what I'm saying?

    ReplyDelete
  8. tee hee hee... I just got that now after I sat here going, HOW is she going to blunt conventional liberal wisdom.....

    of course you heard she's going to sue. And newspapers in the UK are reporting he's divorcing her. Only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once you go black......I wonder if she'll ever go back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good link BB. I've a theory why collisions actually increased in Peoria with the red-light cams although this wasn't mentioned. Drivers stopping more suddenly than they normally would, instead of I Brake for Animals it's I Brake for Red-Light Cams. It's influenced my own behavior where I'm pissing other drivers off.

    ReplyDelete