Thursday, July 30, 2026

Random thoughts on Dr. Anthony Fauci

 Because of the Rand Paul Senate Hearings.  Fauci - not a fan never was.  Helped kill scores of gay men during the height of the AIDS epidemic by pushing the dangerous drug AZT.  FF to Now.  WHO writes their personal thoughts in the form of a diary on a government computer?  Perjured himself once before Congress by denying his agency funded extremely dangerous and controversial gain-of-function research at that virology lab in Wuhan China.  Once wrote in a paper that the research was important enough to risk a global pandemic over.  Early on in the pandemic the intelligence community was coming around to the conclusion the SARS-COV 2 virus probably  came from a lab leak and then Fauci met with CIA senior officials and quashed this angle.  Some of his diary entries reveal a massive egomaniac narcissist etc. etc.  He is a man of such sterling moral virtue that Uncle Joe decided to preemptively pardon him before leaving office.  During the Senate Hearing he invoked the 5th 111 times!  Virtue should be loquacious in its own defense no?  This is not a Left/Right MAGA issue as some left-wing bloggers are making it out to be.  Get off that trip.  Egad we're living in depressing times!


Just a nighttime ramble.  Should choose your heroes more carefully. 

15 comments:

  1. He had a big ego. But Mrs. and I wore masks had all the Covid shots and practiced safe distancing. We never got the virus. I posted in his favor at Shaw's and notice that you are in agreement with 'that other blog' Meanwhile it's great to haul people out of their cars, shoot them
    in the face, beat women (ICE fun). Fauci or JFK Jr. a Hobsons Choice. IMO a detraction from real world problems and another
    'revenge' operation. Historically, data shows every country in the world suffered in the outbreak, many more severe than us. Over 5 and a half vaccinations as well. Good that egg prices are back to normal. Bad
    we are up to our armpits teaching Iran a lesson. Dunno G-Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWIW one time I drove a woman to work coughing covid in the car. She was out for the next two weeks but I never got it. Never got the vax. People theorized at work my layer of fat protected me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing with the political blogosphere is it's too damn partisan. Hard Right vs. Hard Left. In my view the man did wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing that if it wasn't partisan, it wouldn't be political. They go blogs on just about everything, but as i noted with Dave Miller, the blogosphere leaked some followers over to Facebook.. When my Grandma was gossiping, she had an old wood crank phone on the wall., a party line where the old gals cackled. Meanwhile, my Grandfather Clock stooped short, never to run again --- but I'm still around. My wife has friends who are big Trump
    supporters. She holds toung until she comes in the front door, grabs dishtowel and throws it against the kitchen window and shouts very unkind words. Has Yonkers shown up on 'World's Most Weird Weather' yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always Red Team vs. Blue Team. Should just be a common search for Truth. My biggest thing about GeeeZ is they should just dump Trump by now. The Shaw blog way over the other way. It's like I'm not into the whole trans surgery for minors thing. You're a grown adult you can do what you want. Stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh... the good doctor Fauci. Or Dr. Evil incarnate. In this era of "somebody's got to be at fault" Fauci is the guy right now.

    They call it practicing medicine for a reason. Just like law and practicing lawyers. Cause they don't have all the answers and really, can only offer best guesses. And sometimes, maybe a lot of times, they just get it wrong.

    I'm sure high powered lawyers and doctors are all pretty narcissistic. Hell, I am too and all I do is offer medical services to poor people and help them get clean water to drink.

    Someone once said she hated that Obama had such a huge ego. For crying out loud. The guy was running for president. Isn't that very definition of a large ego? "I want to be the most powerful person in the world".

    Was everything Fauci did perfect? Nope. Was everything he did wrong? Again, nope. But to read a few blogs, hear a few folks talk, the world we live in is just so black and white, somebody's got to be at fault and blamed.

    Unless it's our guy of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me the thing is the gain-of-function. You take a fairly harmless to humans bat coronavirus and make the pathogen deadlier. The NIH helped fund it. It most likely leaked from that Wuhan Institute of Virology. Most likely by accident. Obama banned gain-of-function. Fauci somehow skirted it. Millions across the globe died. No small stuff Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting up to speed on the Shaw comments. Disagree heartily with you praising then NY Governor Andrew Cuomo's handling of the pandemic. Through his own Health Department they adopted a policy of allowing recovering covid patients to be admitted into nursing homes. The virus still active then spread throughout those nursing homes and killed countless otherwise healthy seniors. It was a reckless policy since abandoned. Cuomo was no hero.

    Fauci certainly wasn't great during the AIDS epidemic. Gays protested him for pushing AZT which killed countless gay men. IMHO he should have been replaced at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As learned as you are BB you once commented here that you are not familiar with gain-of-function. Really??? It's what the hearings are all about. Fauci has been apparently very interested in the subject.

    Mostly everyone in the political blogosphere experiences political reflexes. Shaw somehow ties it all in with Trump but Trump is a separate issue. He's nutty and should be removed you'll get no argument from me. Read the GeeeZ comments before. The opposite of Shaw's naturally. The Fauci situation is so legally complex the truth has to be winnowed out through time. Was Fauci a boon to public health or did he have a hand in unleashing a pandemic on the world? As an aside as I once noted here my friend works in the City and his boss literally harassed him into taking the vaccine. Later developed a blood clot in his eye which required surgery. His eye doctor said it was sue to the covid vax. No compensation. A high price to pay though for being a good citizen.

    Not into celebrity worship be it Fauci, Taylor or anybody else. Shakespeare once said the truth will out. Let's see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it's answers we, or the Senate committee is after, why not just immunize Fauci from any crimes arising out of his current testimony? Then make him testify. You cannot plead the fifth if you are immunized.

    I'm not sure the US, or the Senate want answers.

    At least not answers they, or we do not want to hear.

    I'm just not willing to get on the "they did it all on purpose" train.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was not familiar with 'gain of function'. Seems invented since I retired.
    On the other hand, being a habitual TV channel switcher (thank you Mr. Remote) I ran across 'Harry and the Henderson's' as you likely know, a Sasquatch who ended up living with a family. Defenitely hard on furniture, etc, but quite charming. Even had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't personally lean towards they did it on purpose. I'm also leaving Mengele out of the conversation. Not a big fan of putting the elderly behind bars but the whole gain-of-function covid Wuhan funding lab leak thing needs to be thoroughly investigated let the chips fall where they may so we can finally close this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think the two warring blogs would go for it but I am amenable to your suggestion Dave. Fauci is either an irreproachable public servant (Shaw) or a Nazi (GeeeZ). As usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle. There is simply something problematic here that needs to be explored. Get the answers close the book and move on and LEARN.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gonna be more flooding up around your state capital.
    Will the Guv move the capital down to Flatbush?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Yonkers climate. Tomorrow is my only day off. Forecast calls for stormy and rainy. Sidewalk grass getting tall again. Seems like I just cut it. Always a problem like I got more important things to worry about but Mayor Spano wants a Scarsdale-style sidewalk. To shoot the next movie I guess?

    ReplyDelete