Sunday, September 13, 2026

I liked Google better without all the AI Overviews

 WHO put AI in charge of the information superhighway anyway?  Practically every topic I google these days the AI completely takes over the information.  It has the last word on everything even though it is sometimes wrong or inaccurate.  NYC Council under Mamdani passed some bill protecting schoolkids from AI.  Trump says the potential dangers of AI are overblown.  I think Trump is overblown.


Weird scientific state we're living in.  Let's put humans back in charge of the search for truth.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe AI should be subject to the laws of robotics -
    A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
    A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
    A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humans have ten commandments and robots three commandments.
    An unnamed president has consistently broken all 13.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was recently having trouble with my Blogger App so one day typed in my blog address on Google. AI said my site is non-existent and was used in law journals or something. Huh? This is what we're putting our trust in.

    ReplyDelete