Was telling my sister the last time I mailed in my Yonkers property tax I verified through my banking app the check cleared in literally three days which I thought was pretty amazing but she did me one better. She studiously follows her money matters and knows precisely when her payments clear. A kind of financial ocd. So she was telling me some time back she got one of those red-light traffic camera summonses in the mail. She dutifully mailed in her check and it cleared in TWO days! Not that the cams are a revenue enhancer mind you but they do cash your checks extremely fast go figure. I've had contractors take their time with my payments. Yonkers seems in a bit of a hurry. What do they have some guy sitting at a desk and as soon as your check arrives he puts on his coat and says "I got this?"
Checks coming out of Trump's ass. There was that DOGE check never got. Some kind of tariff rebate check but that went to some corporations I believe and not the citizens and now the 5K check if we corrupt the midterms. Trump keeps dicking us around. Could've did some home renovations or paid off some high-interest credit cards and watch my credit score go way down. The Orange Man - bullshit artist.
Between Yonkers and Trump I can't get ahead. I'd settle for a gas rebate check at this point. 30 bucks a week?
Mrs. sent in $2k check for half of property tax. Sort of an unfair policy that houses appreciate in value, while business depreciate all their stuff.
ReplyDeleteYonkers cameras - we note-
"People destroying Flock Safety surveillance cameras because of growing anger over privacy and mass tracking" Quite a case in Florida where some woman was jailed after street cam AI identified her in a hit and run accident. She spent 2 weeks in jail, while real people figured out it was someone else. She was released but suing. My
advice - pull the plug on both cameras and AI..
Completely agree. F##k the Flock and the AI as well.
ReplyDeleteThe City of Yonkers acts like they owe a Chinese loan shark or something. I've never had checks clear so fast in my life before for ANYTHING.
Got an offer from my bank for a HELOC or Home Equity Line Of Credit. Very generous offer. Did some googling. Thanks but no thanks. Sometimes it's just better to ride it out and scrape on by. Financial advice from the Z-Man.
ReplyDeleteGotta get that cash in the bank, cause the beast needs to be fed.
ReplyDeleteWeather up Yonkers looks nice and fallish today... mid 60's.
Meanwhile I'm down in sunny 85 degree central Mexico, heading further south today.
Voted electronically yesterday as someone who is out of the country and won't be back before the election. I hope we don't decide on paper ballots for all sometime in the next 40 days.
It'll be interesting to hear the local news of a US election here.
those of us born in the early 1940s are called the 'Silent Generation'.
ReplyDeleteOur music (and maybe your Mom's) were a lot of folk songs and one of my favorites was "Where Have All The Flowers Gone" by Pete Seeger and sung by many 'The Kingston Trio:, Peter, Paul and Mary, Marlena Dietrich and others. Considering the tides of recent history, I paraphrased it a bit -
Where have all the Trump signs gone?
Long time passing.
To the garbage cans, every one.
Oh, when will they ever learn.
The Silent Generation sings out.