Thursday, January 31, 2008

In the curious matter of the male fetus...

...how is this just a part of the Woman's Body if you catch my drift? just one of many many inconsistencies of the choice movement like the 24-week cutoff point many states use to proscribe later abortions, by what mysterious alchemy is the unborn child not human just 3 days before "viability"? I call this the Cinderella Paradox as in "quick, it's 11:45, abort it, the fetus turns human at midnight!" OR the common agnostic approach to abortion which is we don't know the moral and human status of the fetus but let it happen anyway. You should have to prove the fetus is not human before you can suck it into oblivion which brings up the next point. Our science in general and in particular the study of the unborn known as fetology is so far advanced (think transvaginal ultrasound) that we can no longer fall back on the agnostic position, it ain't a bovine fetus after all.

It's all just masturbation of the mind folks.

8 comments:

  1. Beth, you're missing out. Go online during your lunch break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The famous Cuomo position is to legally accomodate people who can't think straight, who never took a course in logic, the crowd who thrives on chaos but the Law needs to be more on an Aristotle/Plato plane, know what I'm sayin'? It's the same logic the drug legalizers use, some dope wants to hallucinate for God knows what reason so he should be allowed to. The Law needs to be sane,

    Beth, lunch yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get two lunches, I get none. I don't work union though.

    Good post, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to go w/o lunch myself because I wanted to. When I worked in the kitchen under the good manager he often said go to lunch but I found if I was doing quiche or something lunch would've slowed me down. My good friend the other chef was the same way, it's like lunch slows you down but that's just me and then you come back and don't want to work. Push lunch as late in the day as possible and then when you get back you only have a 1/2 hour and then go home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As well working the days preceding your day off goes much better than coming back after your day off, you're sluggish and cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's another inconsistency with pro-choice folk. Many of them will say they're only for it in trimester numero uno but will go to a clinic that proudly advertises in the yellow pages that they do abortions up to the 24th week, can't feel too strongly about it I guess. The other inconsistency is that allowing abortion, any abortion, is a view that is being imposed on the rest of us, the view that the unborn child has the same status as hamburger helper has got to be the imposition of somebody's view out there giving lie to the Cuomo position that pro-choice really means being neutral if I understand his position correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pro-choicers have to pretend to be neutral, otherwise they may be thought of as evil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good point, distance themselves from the act.

    ReplyDelete