Thursday, January 31, 2008

The current crop...

...of Republican presidential contenders, McCain, Romney and Huck and the lack of real influence of third parties reminds me of the playlists of radio stations today. You don't really care for it but you have no choice, the songs are bland and slightly irritating but it's what everyone is listening to so it has to be good. They keep playing it over and over, think The Fray, and so you brainwash yourself and try to get into it (McCain would be a slow waltz, think Lawrence Welk). You don't have a CD player in your car (the 3rd Party) and you realize Maroon 5 is in that other party, Fergie's over there too and as a rock-ribbed conservative you're just depressed all the time.

"Sittin' by the dock of the bay
watching all the conservatives go away,
Traveled a thousand miles from home
Just to make this third party my home."

6 comments:

  1. I love this, I gotta run to work soon, but can I have your permission to cross-post this at my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course, why don't you slip into Hannityland and post it there too? you'll be known as a retread (just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to admit though, of course we strongly disagree with Obama and Hillary's political philosophy (Obama's is the same sans the politics of personal destruction) but they are interesting candidates, the one has charisma (that ain't Hillary) and the other riles us up (a boring candidate can't do this, think President Gerry Ford, my brother said he was a harmless president, didn't piss you off or jazz you up either). What do we have on our side?

    McCain

    who looks like he'd give you trouble at the deli counter ("I said THIN!!"), come to think of it I wouldn't want to serve O'Reilly either -lol. We're not only the Stupid Party, we're fast becoming the Boring Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from work, thanks for allowing the cross-post, Z. I see you've been busy today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have successfully stayed away from Hannityland for 8 months, 5 days 3 hours and 16 minutes, you really don't want me to get addicted to that place again, do you????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every once in a while, every few months or so, I check out "talk to the moderator" and it's still the same complaints, retread checks, is this allowed? gee whiz people!!

    ReplyDelete