My Trumper friend was bemoaning the wave of Trump Derangement Syndrome or TDS sweeping the country. I see it differently. If you felt you were being unfairly caricatured wouldn't you go out of your way to prove people wrong? Instead Trump does the opposite. By his words and actions he actually strengthens TDS. Folk called him a would be dictator so he started acting like one. He feeds his own stereotype. Have ICE act like goons. Put the military on the streets. Threaten Greenland. Saber-rattling Cuba. Kidnap a foreign leader. Try to suppress pro-Palestinian speech on campus etc. etc. I'm not being exhaustive here. The laundry list is a long one.
Actually TDS is the only way to go.
I agree. Although I thought TDS was something that Trump had?
ReplyDeleteThat other place. I guess they like higher gas prices in the summer?
ReplyDeleteWell, some gotta be in the dung heap of history, ya know?
ReplyDeleteLatest CNN polling even MAGA is souring on the Iran War......except that other place whose motto may as well be proud to be among the 20%.
ReplyDeleteTrump most likely will be majorly escalating the war very soon. Meanwhile the Houthis (them again) are preventing Saudi oil from passing through the Red Sea. Global economy going down the tubes. Our own oil reserves may run out sometime in October. Great times ahead. But hey he's a great guy ya know? Top grades.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking that the feral cats have little interest in politics?
ReplyDeleteEveryone has a hobby, but ______
ReplyDelete"Democratic lawmakers accused the Trump administration of abusing its power after officials admitted in a federal court filing they recommended terminating several billion dollars in grants for clean-energy projects based "solely" on states' "political identity" and whether President Donald Trump won the vote there in the 2024 election.
In a July 15 filing that is part of a class action lawsuit seeking to overturn the decision, officials said the Energy Department sent to the Office of Management and Budget a list of more than 600 grants it recommended be canceled from recipients in states where former Vice President Kamala Harris won the vote, and that have two senators that caucus with Democrats. Ultimately, the Office of Management and Budget terminated 284 grants in October 2025."
I am not aware of any other president Democrat or Republican who has ever done such a thing. Trump is a political hemorrhoid.
ReplyDeleteSome countries are banning the use of checks. I write them often, but not as much as plastic. This article claims $24 trillion in checks are spent each year, which is a lot of our economy etc -
ReplyDeletehttps://theconversation.com/should-paper-checks-be-abolished-like-the-penny-287451?utm_source=firefox-newtab-en-us
Trump is thinking about it. You got any thoughts?
News to me. I'm more old school. Don't like ai and other stuff. I write checks quite often. In fact just reordered them from my bank. Yes I know how to pay bills online and use my debit frequently too. I honestly don't get Trump's obsessions. Leave the checks alone. What I don't like about online payments is it gets deducted from your account right away. When you mail a check it takes a while to clear and so by then my direct deposit from work goes in and so your checking account remains at a good level for awhile. When you pay for EVERYTHING online it has the effect of catering your bank account and I don't like that.
DeleteIF that makes any sense. Maybe it only makes sense to me. I like to balance my online payments with some actual check writing. Trump seems to be in the grip of these weird fixations.
Edit: "cratering your bank account."
DeleteMy friend says Congress is now also considering banning the nickel. Also news to me. What I don't like is the elites or those in power DO WHAT THEY WANT. If they wanted to tax the air you breathe they would. If the people wanted to abolish checks and they made their views known to their Congresspeople that would at least be fairer but the thing with TPTB is they're bothered by things that don't bother the average person. Whatever happened to government of by and for the people?
DeleteYou really got me started up this morning.
I like the time lag involved in check writing. Some folk don't have a lot of $$$ in their accounts so the time lag works to their advantage. Maybe they need to do something first to put more money in. I think online paying is more suitable for those who are actually more financially secure and not living paycheck to paycheck OR
DeleteIn short Trump is a dick:)
Donald Dick and Huey, Louie and Dewy Dick .
ReplyDeleteA family of quackers.
Hard to know what animates the man. He's bothered by things no one else is bothered by. Pennies, paper checks......loves the crypto though.
ReplyDeleteAP announces the highest grocery prices in 50 years. Go figure.
ReplyDeleteJust bought a few things myself after work today. Being careful. Bare things I need and a dessert. Gotta have some kind of dessert in the house. $50+ ??? NOT counting gas.
DeleteMy friend goes yesterday he's tired of so many people hating on Trump. Yeah I don't know why. 'Tis a mystery.
ReplyDeleteHas your friend had a lobotomy lately?
ReplyDeleteHonest to God I'm at the point to just ask them the remaining Trumpers you need to explain his greatness 'cause I'm at a loss. A polite conversation. They need to walk me through this. I don't even think they know.
DeleteThe masthead on that other place could be "proud to be among the 20%" (who still approve).
measles was eradicated in the US 15 years ago. Now there are more cases than 30 years ago. the JFKJr. Effect?
ReplyDeleteWhat's next leprosy?
DeleteNo doubt - followed by black plague and cholera.
Delete
ReplyDeleteEven that other site was appalled by Trump's theatrics at the WH Correspondents Dinner.. Desecrate everyone and priaise yourself..
sh*thead first class.
But that's more like a love spat. They always go back to him. Oh Donald you're so horrible!
ReplyDeleteTrump is visiting Michigan today to brag about his economy.
ReplyDeleteTough crowd as MI has been hard hit by the Canadian 50%
wildfire tariff. Another Brag and Boo.
What's he bragging about the price of food?
ReplyDeleteInstead of the tariffs a better way to go would be for him to meet with Canadian PM Carney. Discuss forest and land management etc. Is this going to be a yearly thing? That's unacceptable. Punishing the average person doesn't help.
Mitch McConnel was in hospital a long time and now is in rehab until at least September. Is it old age, or was he dragged from his car and beaten by masked ICE men?
ReplyDeleteTo add Mitch McConnell is like the lone Republican guy who has always been against Trump.
ReplyDelete