Friday, September 04, 2026

Technical Issues

 Can't publish my own comments.


The generic fixes suggested by Google don't work.  They usually never do.  Figured there might be a situation with the Blogger App so opened my blog on the web and then a strange message came up that I need to upgrade my Google Drive cloud storage by 7:06 PM otherwise all my files will be deleted.  Ignored it of course as I have plenty of storage.  I then installed an anti-virus app but they never detect anything anyway so ran a quick scan and uninstalled it.


Gotta love Google!  Anyone got a good alternative browser they use?  If you can't comment I'll understand.


Sketchy:)

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, Google is everywhere. And bothersome. FireFox is a a pretty good alternative for search engine and there are others. Free stuff like adobe acrobat pretty much problem free. We do a two page weekly newsletter with photos that go to Alaska, Switzerland, CA, WA, WI, MN, TX etc, Did it in Google for years, then switched to Open Office. But many people don;t use that and couldn't open the letter. So the last few months I have done it in Open Office, then simply copied it into Google. Not only works well, but OO takes 270-370 k-bytes, while the over-engineered Google uses 19000-27000 M-bytes. For years and in retirement, I have battled 'updates'', 'improvements' and 'Apps. Some of our newsletter readers are as old as we are and they get it in snail-mail. Holy Pony Express!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Search engine choices -
    https://www.pcmag.com/picks/dont-just-google-it-smarter-search-engines-to-try
    Word Press for blogs is also over difficult

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a Trump search engine yet? Oh geeez I got published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya want me to send Bill Gates over?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what about Reddit? You can get answers on practically any subject from non-experts. Then go on to Quora.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worst tablet I ever owned an ONN tablet. That's the Walmart tablet. Has a mind of its own. Lost count of the number of times I had to factory reset the thing. Should've gone with Lenovo or something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most folks have more flexibility with smartphones than my 'mainframe'
    desk computer, which also runs a wifi laptop and 3 TVs in the house. It conked out around noon and I had to check some 22 connections to get it up and running again. Wife thinks I'm a genius. I think I'm lucky.

    ReplyDelete