Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I've none, I already lost the weight. They say most folks gain a few pounds over the holidays. Well for me the way I combat this is I took a long walk the day before and on Christmas Day itself I ate very well of the main course offered and then some traditional desserts and no I didn't hold anything back but I didn't eat anything before this or after this for the rest of the day but it lasted me the whole day and into the night. Scotch, now there's a tricky potion. Got some Dalmore as a gift and later on that night with nothing on the TV I got bored, depressed and a tad irritable all at the same time thinking about work the next day. So I was all set on my day off this fine Tuesday to go to Balducci's the Food Lover's Market in the lovely and very Bronxville-esque town of Ridgefield CT and was doing some online research just now about getting there from the scenic Merritt Parkway when lo and behold they closed down! another victim of the bad economy and most of the stores and places I've become accustomed to shop over the years have likewise closed down. Rewatched Easy Rider few days back and the classic scene where the two bikers go to New Orleans and hitch up with two gals one played by Toni Basil and later drop acid and are wandering through some cemetery on some pretty bad trips. There's something weirdly hilarious about the scene and just heard on the news that moviegoing this year is down about $500 million from last year and all sorts of reasons were given but how 'bout most movies suck these days, they don't make 'em like they used to. I don't know what to do with myself today but might hit some Asian store later, the Ridgefield arc of my day is lost. Back to the regular sucky non-holiday music on the radio, don't remember a time in my life when music sucked so much and this is bad for long trips which I am wont to do. Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas, I've no problem just don't make me feel guilty if I go with Merry Christmas. So where are Jay-Z and Fitty's special holiday albums? (suggested song titles: Silent Night Deadly Night, Frosty the Blowman). This is what happens when you pigeonhole yourself in the bad, folks will laugh if you do something nice for a change and I read somewhere Fitty dropped a whole boatload of pounds going on some liquid diet so he could play some cancer survivor in a movie, might be interesting. Happy Whatever:)

5 comments:

  1. A very Merry Christmas to you, Z-man, and good tidings for 2012! I pray to God we get rid of Obama as our president this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a fantastic video on youtube that has Christmas lights to a Slayer song. Now what's so fantastic about it? First of all, anyone who'd put up the horns in Christmas lights on their house absolutely rocks. Second, the big blinding spotlight effect is really good. But most of all the Evil Singing Snowman is the absolute best thing I have ever seen. I LOVE THE EVIL SINGING SNOWMAN!!! Especially since they obviously went to a lot of trouble to sync him with the music.

    You just get really burned out on everyone doing their lights to Wizards In Winter and Blue Christmas. This is refreshingly badass, even though I wouldn't call myself a Slayer fan.

    Resolutions? I'd like to make sure I KEEP this weight off but I'm not stressin. Improving my spiritual practice. Being more responsible about money, cause God knows it's not something I tend to give a poo about. And improving the percentage of projects I actually finish.

    Ah, it'll be a good year. I bought my tickets for Dallas already-Southwest Airlines (no bag fees!)round trip for $261. YEAHHHH!!!

    Oh, nearly forgot: here's the link to the video:

    http://youtu.be/EWWFmhJKJW8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno man, I'm beginning to think that weight maintenance is actually alot harder than weight loss. Oh I only hope Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of some favorite stores closing I was real surprised to read that Sears ain't doing so well along with its sister store K-Mart and blame seems to go to some 40-something hedge-fund guy by the name of Lampert. BB what's up bro?

    ReplyDelete
  5. --BB what's up bro?--
    ...Sears just closed in our town.
    ..probably my fault, the only thing
    I bought there were my last four
    lawnmowers...come to think of it,
    based on my shopping, Starbucks,
    Walmart,IHOP,KFC, Walgreens, Verizon et. al. will soon be folding here.
    BB supports the local hardware store.

    ReplyDelete