Saturday, April 18, 2009

Savage went off the deep end last night

Actually when you have a catalyst like Janet Napolitano, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and her report that veterans returning home may pose a terrorist threat Savage is gonna blow a gasket but he went off on some pretty radical tangents last night and practically called the Obama Administration a totalitarian regime in the works, a bunch of Nazis and oven-stuffers he said who are gonna knock on your door in the middle of the night to take you away for saying the wrong thing, anti-abortionists are on her list, Obama may be the Beast with horns rising out of the sea to rule the world with China and Russia and oh yeah, McCain was the Manchurian Candidate. Actually the real threat is not those who have served their country so well but radical assholery and Obama if he had any smarts would can her right now...Now my Dad says there are things you keep to yourself, things you don't talk about. You might have the thought for a nanosecond that these new DTV converter boxes are the government's way of spying on you, maybe you think your boss is on acid ("a random drug test wouldn't hurt buddy") or the stray kitten that shows up on your doorstep is really the reincarnation of your dead cat. It's the Realm of the Untalkable, most people if they're honest have some theories, views and opinions that fall outside the Norm shall we say but you pretty much shelve it, don't want the respectable folks talking. Put it this way, if I blogged after two tumblers of the Christian Brothers it'd be a whole other blog, real Robodoon stuff but anyway what you got last night was the raw feed, Savage's political id, free association and real stream-of-consciousness totally unencumbered by should I say this or should I say that? The thing was so scary last night that I had to switch on Gwen Ifill's Washington Week in Review after to bring me back down to Earth, like waking up from a bad dream in a cold sweat and you still think there's a squirrel in your room. Now Savage seems to be on everyone's shitlist these days, even right-wingers don't like him and I disagreed with almost everything the man said BUT it was awesome, I like it

it's all good.

14 comments:

  1. Savage is on the DHS list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He mentioned that last night and said he has filed a lawsuit. This woman is scary, saw her on some talk show but say what you will about Savage he's never threatened people. She is fascistic but Obama needs to get rid of this freak while he still wants to retain some shred of his credibility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The conservatives need to Get over yourselves and your arrogances. Get over this idea that you're the only one that can be right
    You know politics are funny and sad. You know and I know we wont change each others politics, but I will give my two cents on your even more bashing. I do have a problem with conservatives but Im not smug. All I said was I think you are starting fights with a bunch of kids just beginning their political opinions. Yes some of them may be naïve and some ignorance, but don’t bash them. I only called you ignorant well because you are. Its not about your knowledge Im sure youre smart. You are being stupid on how you are presenting your argument. You being the intelligent person you sound to be just with some delusions you should help lead these kids by example and not condemn them. You have a lot of experiences that they do not and you are the one putting yourself on a pedestal my friend. Thats whats wrong with you conservatives is you bash and blame the naïve instead of helping them understand. Its irony in a way you bash these liberals to thinking your way but in the end you will push us even more to the left. I just see you lack any rational thought. Your whole page was just accusing and attacking. You do no good in anyway by bashing. You make yourself look worse by the minute. Its not what you know it’s how you show what you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ain't talking about this, ONLY Savage's right to express himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you call smugness and arrogance I call having conviction and believing in principles.

    Simply having an opinion different than yours does not make one arrogant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Furthermore, what I truly feel about the opposition is that they are misguided. And I cannot blame them too much with the media and academia being liberal. However, I know that history is on my side which is why I feel strongly that conservatism is right. But don't take my word for it, read some quotes from our Founding Fathers, or here's a novel idea, read the Constitution of the United States. Then match them up to liberalism and you'll see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny how my hitmeter is always rather meager but there's always some Anonymous lurking out there who completely misses the point. I'm beginning to think maybe it's one of my liberal friends having fun but my main point here is

    this powerful and arrogant bitch

    who feels if you say this or that you deserve to be put on the government watchlist. I'm tellin' ya Obama has to stop with this left-wing lunacy, so far everything the conservatives have been saying about him seems to be coming true. I honestly wish him well in his presidency but he's making it harder and harder for your average conservative to be congenial towards him. If he does decide to stick with this liberal witch instead of sending her off on her broom that will speak VOLUMES to me, it's all I need to know about the man's true ideology. Imagine that, insulting our veterans like that and as Savage pointed out that blowhard Rush Limbaugh hasn't even talked about it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth, I see your anti abortion posts all over the blogs.. Let me say that while I do not totally agree with you on your abortion stand, I applaud your consistency.

    I believe that if someone takes the stance that abortion is murder, then it is illogical for them to allow exceptions for rape and incest, however difficult that maybe.

    But I do have a question on the contraception issue.

    You have stated that you have no problem with contraception. But what about the methods/pills that dislodge the egg after it has been fertilized?

    Isn't this how many contraceptives [though not all] work?

    If so, isn't that also killing the unborn?

    Please don't think I am trying to be a jerk on this. It's just that you come across as pretty informed

    ReplyDelete
  9. To tell you the truth, I am not that well versed on contraception, since I myself do not use them. It is my understanding that they prevent fertilization from happening, but in the case of a morning after pill, I would put that in a different category and consider that abortive if it is an after the fact and not a preventative type method.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, sounds like it is the right that is being 'profiled' now! So, who is the Savage guy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Real name Michael Weiner, syndicated out of San Francisco. Ya gotta listen to get the proper flavor, it's hard to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Imagine though the fanshitting if Bush and his DHS had put Al Franken on the list!! Why Bill Moyers would be giving birth to an alien. So what are they doing, tailing the guy? following him to his favorite restaurants? seeing what dog food he picks up? Where TF is the ACLU anyway, this phony organization?

    ReplyDelete
  13. "What you call smugness and arrogance I call having conviction and believing in principles."
    ..smugness can be admirable.
    ..arrogance is always ugly.
    ..leastways thats my view. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. & BB arrogance is often in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete