Monday, May 18, 2009

Saw bits and pieces of the Farrah Fawcett special

very mixed reviews. Controversial, macabre, morbid were just some of the adjectives used. Will say this though, here is the rare celeb who never really bothered me, never saw her on some political soapbox and no matter who it is, unless it's Osama bin Laden or Fidel Castro I always throw a prayer or two their way. Started a thread once over at Big Blue Wave, a Canadian forum for conservatives and I may have outHoused House on that one:

http://bluewave.yuku.com/topic/1752/t/The-cancer-cell-is-not-powerful-but-weak-amp-confused.html

bit and pieces I gleaned from a Dummy's Guide to Cancer once, hope it's interesting. So there was Farrah clutching her rosary beads, probably made our old friend Hitch wince but I missed the vomiting, I'm a real channel-surfer you know. So let's say we "reform" health-care however you define that term, of what good is that if there's no Cure yet? The limitations of modern medicine imo far outweigh its advances, are any cures for any of the major big ones even on the horizon? Anyway what are your thoughts on the Farrah Fawcett special?

8 comments:

  1. Who isn't a channel surfer these days Z? Given that all of the networks seemingly air their commercials at the same time, you forge ahead on the channel dial hoping that somehow just somehow you can break the cycle of advertising overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog-surfing, I'm a bit of that too. You know back in the days of Dallas I wasn't a channel-surfer at all but then again we didn't have a remote at the time so it forced you to choose your program wisely before you parked it on the couch. Dallas followed by Falcon Crest, that's what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the show, forgot it was on, but channel surfing is a guy thing and STOP DOING IT ALREADY!

    (One of your classic Big Blue Wave threads, how did I miss it back then?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know you're getting older when you look forward to the 10 O'Clock News.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO. You know you're getting old when staying up for the 10 O'Clock news is past your bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's 11:40 p.m. and I still have a few things I need to do before bed, guess I'm not old yet (although I do think you guys are early risers).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about the wealthy part.

    ReplyDelete