Monday, July 06, 2009

Sarah Palin's resignation

This is hard for me. Alaska Governor Sarah Palin announced her intent to resign last Friday, July 4th eve and libraries were closed that day, the holiday of course and Sunday too due to summer hours. She did it on purpose but just wanted to say this was a slap in the face to every Alaskan voter who voted for her. They wanted HER to lead, HER to govern them, no one else and she obviously doesn't recognize this moral and political obligation on HER part. Either way you slice it it ain't good, somewhat fruity and nutty in the middle, slightly eccentric on the outer edges. It either makes her look suspicious (there was a menage a trois between her, SC Governor Mark Sanford and this Chapur babe down in Argentina) or weak (who knew DAVE had so much power?). Oh God it feels good to get this out ("I'll be out in a minute!").

7 comments:

  1. It does seem very strange but it really only concerns her family and her constituents, not me or the country in the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, keep the weirdness up there in Alaska. Moving right along......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, all the 'serious' analysis about Palin's resignation. We can take her at face value...or wait until more comes out; meanwhile only Sarah knows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look at it more from the angle of you owe your constituents at least finishing out your term so call me Mr. Old Fashioned Values, public duty above your whims and desires. Beth said I should read Danny's thoughts on the matter so I'll be back in a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant Daniel's post AFTER the Palin one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though I don't think you should fault Palin for stepping down since her reasons WERE for the benefit of her constituents, it wasn't for her benefit that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the abortion parties, gotta read that.

    ReplyDelete