Tuesday, April 06, 2010

When not to play the race card

If you absolutely suck as a worker don't play the race card. Makes no sense. You come in late, you call out sick and you're otherwise a lazy bastard, you're not Nelson Mandela. Even your brothers are going to say "but you suck." If you're a good or fair to middling worker you can give it a shot but to constantly be espousing your racial theories at work to anybody who will listen when you absolutely suck as a worker it's, how shall we say setting people up, dig?

Conservatives obsessed with reading Ole Gray Lady editorials, then they have to write about it in their own counter-columns. The New York Post even has an occasional Times Watch (does the Times have a Post Watch?). I've solved this problem a long time ago, I go out of my way to NOT read the New York Times. Works for me and gets me through the day. Letting a Times editorial or Op-Ed ruin your day, it's a form of conservative masturbation. I've given up those habits, I'd sooner read the TV Guide or Popular Mechanics. A corollary to this is the Frank Rich problem or the Maureen Dowd problem, I don't read them either. It's amazing, I feel so much better and I've lost 10 lbs.! you can too.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't playing the race card like crying wolf so then it kinda loses it's affect and nobody listens to you anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is so dog-eared and old from sitting in Al Sharpton's back pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About the only way to get those people to stop playing the race card would be a mass blinding. And even then, you'd have to use ebonics voice boxes so they can't figure out what race they're talking to.

    I make it a point to not worry about reading anyone or not reading anyone, just whatever comes on my screen. After all, ideas and philosophies are not defined by other people.

    And I thought the conservatives masturbated just like everyone else, just with the same denials and stuttering as the Catholics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx Pat as always. As I've said I don't read Times editorials but there's no avoiding them because I learn about them second-hand from all the conservatives complaining about them. Are NY Times editorials THAT important?

    ReplyDelete