Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scientology - dangerous cult or religious fad?

So what do you think of the sci-fis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_McPherson
http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

The sad story above predates Obama's Rise to Power as do alot of Other Bad Things. Yes we will on occasion explore some older topics here as it's not an Obamacentric Universe. Wondering too why so many Hollywood celebs today never gravitate towards the more traditional faith systems, it's either Kabbalah or Scientology these days. I guess Jesus never rode on a spaceship before, I mean how uncool is that? Tom Cruise is the best-known sci-fier, I just think he's naive but they all remind me of the creepy characters out of that Mel Gibson movie Edge of Darkness only instead of nuclear criminals you're dealing with a bunch of conspiratorial cultists. So how did such a weird religion catch on? BTW you are perfectly welcome to tie all of this in with Obama, I mean he is some kind of Omega dude isn't he?

2 comments:

  1. Don't know much about Scientology. So, I started checking around. Got to the part where Greta van Susteran (FOX News) is one. Her husband is also..and he is an advisor to Sarah Palin.
    Then, to show the power of that religion, my computer locked up. L. Ron was a science fiction guy, and as near as I can tell, the tenets of the 'religion' are secular..humanism gone
    New Age. Supposedly they offer a substitute for psychiatry, which is likely
    the feel good attraction craved by mo-pic artists.
    But, hey, I don't much know the difference between a dianetic and a diuretic..just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't it have to do with some intergalactic warlord gave birth to the human race or something? I was kind of expecting Saty to chime in here about my religious judgementalism but getting back to that Lisa McPherson case, if you read the links you come away with the original autopsy report was changed due to either basic incompetence or corruption.

    ReplyDelete