Monday, June 06, 2011

Essential Truths

Most people don't read your blog. Letters-to-the-Editor are probably more widely read although the blog offers far more creative freedom of course so I prefer them (not really into cyberforums anymore either, always the moderators with their corrective measures). My sitemeter is like my weight, it keeps going down. Actually my weight's being maintained but my hits keep going down. Keeping this essential truth in mind why do we blog? For me it's a kind of hobby, something to relax to after work. There are those who say to increase your hitmeter you have to visit quite a few other blogs on a regular basis, you know you scratch my balls I'll scratch yours. Too much work to do on a consistent basis imo so I only visit those that interest me on any given day and I tend to visit the same ones. If it ain't fun don't do it. Essential Truths -- a kind of continuing series:)

3 comments:

  1. I blog to vent. I don't like Letters to the Editor because you have to give your real name. My husband has written two Letters to the Editor and both times received nasty phone calls, although his anti-abortion letter did result in one nice note being sent to him. In blogs, you can say what you want and sure it is going to piss people off, but the anonymous part lets me feel free to express my real thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letters to the editor are great if you can get them printed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth: "the anonymous part lets me feel free to express my real thoughts"

    Which is why I blog about work so much. Guy at work the other day says he doesn't take vacations because he hates them. Kind of an odd crew.

    ReplyDelete