Thursday, March 22, 2012

Racial unrest in Florida

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/sanford-city-manager-says-were-barred-arresting-trayvon-134007644.html

Al Sharpton is visiting the Sunshine State today, always a voice of reason and calm but I see this one as having the potential for riots and bearing national repercussions. I don't see how you cut it you can defend this guy Zimmerman, a one-man neighborhood community watchman/vigilante and I think on the merits I agree with the black activists and the black community in general on this one (now when was the last time you heard a conservative say that?). You shouldn't be shot dead if you're a 17-old young black man carrying a bag of Skittles through a probably mostly white gated community so how did this happen? Now I live in a neighborhood where when I look out the window, that's kinda the extent of my community watching here and if I see something dubious or questionable or in any way a gray area and let's face it some of these situations do involve young black men 9 times out of 10 I don't call the police. It's too, how shall I say vague...what do I say when I get the sergeant on the line? I'll call the police on average about one time a year over something happening in the neighborhood but by all accounts Mr. George Zimmerman was the exact opposite, hyper-alert and hyper-observant and probably hyper-imaginative as well. I think his racial adrenaline was flowing heavily juiced on by the reality of black crime is my view. This story has picked up so much steam I had to blog about it. I don't even see how the case justifies as an act of self-defense and he should've been arrested by now but I've had my say. What's your 2 cents?

9 comments:

  1. Suppose it all hangs on the legal question: is a bag of Skittles a
    lethal weapon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The young man was an unarmed teenager minding his own business walking on a public street, not doing anything that would cause anyone to be suspicious of him He didn't have a criminal record of any kind. And even if he did, he didn't give Zimmerman any reason or the right to shoot him if he was doing nothing wrong?

    Wearing a hood is not a reason to kill anybody. He was killed only because of the fact that he was black, lets call it like it is. He was killed by a cop wannabe who was most likely a bigoted jerk. And thats my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama will fix it all with a beer summit.

    I agree that this has been handled poorly. If the roles were reversed, a black man would have been arrested for an apparent shooting in cold blood of a white boy.

    btw, if you live in a gated community, that isn't safe enough for you that you need a neighborhood watch group?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading some left-wing blogs yesterday and they're using this case some of the left-wingers are to make right-wingers out to be racists, sick at their core. For instance one blog posted a whole bunch of comments from the Fox News comments section or something just filled with support for the shooter Zimmerman and the comments are peppered with the most gross racial statements imaginable. The point of these left-wing bloggers seems to be these poor statements taken as a whole somehow represent us a whole and one wonders if they were made up out of whole cloth and posted just to make the Right look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well we do live in a country where we are innocent until proven guilty, I just think we need to be consistent in how we handle similar cases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm usually very fair-minded but the facts as I see them now indicate to me Mr. Zimmerman wildly overreacted to put it mildly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think jumping to conclusions isn't usually a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But I also feel that saying liberals are always wrong in these type racial cases is not always accurate either. Even if they're wrong most of the time a broken clock still tells the correct time twice a day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Midnight is swiftly approaching, check me out at the night. http://9390.blogspot.com/?m=0

    ReplyDelete