Tuesday, June 04, 2013

I don't care what you do (but I also don't wanna know)

Call it libertarian respect, a kind of social compact/truce that has worked down through the years.  A few famous people these days seem to be applying the Angelina Jolie Template customized of course to their respective diseases/ailments (mainly cancer though) and we hear all about the nexus of their disease and their lifestyle choices.  Let's say in an interview a well-known person, some household name says "every time I hang upside down and someone sticks a thumb up my ass I get cancer,"  don't wanna know, not a public service imo.  Don't wanna hear PSAs about every sex act known to man.  IF Celebrity Q a woman likes to guzzle it down like a milkshake but then it gives her problems down the road, cancer of the stomach kind of deal DON'T WANNA KNOW.  Bob Dole was brave on the battlefield but I don't think he was brave about ED, he was just TMIing.  So I walk in the supermarket the other day and the newsstand is right there and I'm just standing there for about 15 or 20 seconds looking at the cover of one of the papers and the produce guy and I are talking about IT.  People call it heroic I call it TMI.  The Angelina Jolie Thing stands on its own don't try to use it, that's her you just like to share.  The orals the anals don't need it on the cover of TIME or Newsweek when I'm checking out.  Let's nip this one in the bud before it pops up all over the place.  Look I don't care but I also don't wanna know ok?

13 comments:

  1. I suppose celebrities could keep quiet about stuff....like Rock Hudson. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a larger issue. You can make the case that a celebrity like the late Rock Hudson can talk about their sexuality in a very general way but let's say he went into more graphic detail. Then there's Liberace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fail to understand the cause/effect thing here. I think it's ever so much bullshit, otherwise half the planet would be dead of throat cancer.

    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know? Is he really sure he even got it this way? Questions abound, when did this happen? did it happen during the course of his 13-yr. marriage? did he get it from his wife? and if so he kinda is sayin' she's a skank and look what she did to me. So far it seems like a subject best suited to husband and wife, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then there is the 1st Amendment angle. The estates of 16th century France rumored that the Queen,
    Catherine de Medici, was infertile.
    With no free press, the actual problem, King Henry II's hypospadias, a penile deformity,
    then termed 'coitus more fararum',
    resulted in no royal children after 10 years of marriage. His
    physician operated finally, and the
    royal pair rapidly produced 10 children, including 3 kings. With the non-existent to weak press of those times, neither peasant nor
    noble knew what the deal was. But,
    as they say, the truth will out:
    physician Fernel left extensive notes and "the rest is history". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking Michael Douglas may now be a social conservative's best friend. It's like the back in the day Catholic HS sex/morality courses, 'case you get any fancy notions into your head we're gonna scare the beejesus out of you. Could have a chilling effect on Sex, gonna get pretty basic from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not in my house.

    We let the freak flags fly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know the funny part of it is I don't see any rationale whereby he should have even brought up the subject. Even if true you'd think he'd want to run this past Catherine Zeta-Jones first before blabbing to The Guardian. They could have this discussion are you performing a public service if you bring this up? It all has that heavy TMI feel to me like maybe it's all better suited to a marriage counselor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now whenever I see him in movies first thought that will come to mind is not that he's a great actor but here comes FlickerTongue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Picture if Lawrence Olivier discussed this stuff, is it safe?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sex Education has come up in these pages lately. So should the Michael Douglas topic be covered in the classroom? I mean we have to be thorough.

    ReplyDelete