Friday, July 17, 2015

Planned Parenthood, fetal harvesting and a roomful of beagles

Liberals have always acted like you're emotionally, morally and spiritually obligated to support Planned Parenthood. Actually that's not true, it's up to you. I'm not against birth control but I am personally against abortion so for me to support Planned Parenthood is a logical impossibility and the extended topic of fetal harvesting is definitely out of the question.  Doesn't make me a bad person. It's a larger issue for me than the latest undercover viral video made by the pro-life group Center for Medical Progress showing PP not in the best light. We can discuss that and folks are sure to bring up PP health clinics are big on breast cancer screenings, STD prevention and whatnot but now we got a little beagle problem on our hands. Let's say your local animal shelter does exemplary work for the most part, placing adoptions of pets, spaying and neutering and shots but in the room in the back they gas beagles maybe once a week. Some will support the shelter 100%, some will support part of the shelter and pretend the other room doesn't even exist and some may not go there at all because they're morally opposed to cat/dog euthanasia on principle. The grisly room in the back overrides everything else for some people. In my view that's perfectly valid and needs to be respected. Ditto those who withhold their moral support for PP because an integral part of their daily work is they do provide abortions. Again I'm not getting why I'm a bad person if I don't support the organization.

11 comments:

  1. While I haven't sorted through this particular issue, it is my understanding that the mother involved
    may or may not choose to donate the fetal tissue (pro-choice, again). I lost a brand
    new grandchild some months back, and his parents chose to donate organs. As you
    observe, there are many POVs about the topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The charge that the video is misleading is itself misleading since the pro-life group has also provided the full nearly three hour version so you can judge for yourself. It's simply a heavily edited video clip like I often go to a couple websites and download music videos that last for a few minutes. It's just a clip ya know?

      Delete
    2. Although if I understand the collective liberal reaction to this if money doesn't change hands it becomes less gruesome in some alchemical way.

      Delete
    3. Hi, b-Idaho...You do understand that it's the idea of aborting and knowing you're going to benefit financially from parts of that aborted baby that';s appalled many of us; even pro choice folks. Which I am not. ALthough I am for birth control. .I thoroughly support your family in donating parts of their lost child to help another live or for research.
      I'm so sorry for your family, by the way. They did the right thing.

      Delete
    4. Then there's the issue of partial-birth abortions raised in the video. There's now a federal ban on that procedure.

      Delete
  2. The usual leftie political sites, the Salons the Slates are treating the video like the latest Sasquatch tape. Commentary is early but it's following the usual lefty grooves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the same old lie "The video's out of context, it's edited"
      bull pucky.

      Delete
    2. I was thinking about this last night. A pro-life group is not gonna deliberately put out a misleading video for this reason. WE ALREADY KNOW in these cases the first line of attack will be to try to debunk said video. In other words we're not Sasquatching the debate, at least I don't think we are.

      Delete
  3. Apparently FB has been blocking certain content about this subject or so the rumor goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble wrapping my mind around the kindness of euthanizing an old loved pet to end its obvious suffering, while we abhor the idea of Kevorkianizing a human
    in agony with dozens of tubes keeping them from passing away. So, harsh as it may seem, my living will precludes being kept alive artificially, prolonging any suffering on my part and outrageous bills for my progeny. One of those things like
    preferring getting hit by a meteor rather than say, to stage 4 cancer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often thought of that myself. The problem is compounded imo by the cancer industry giving up finding a cure or unable at this point to find a cure.

      Delete