Thursday, December 14, 2006

Obama and the media

Having thought about this Barack Obama thing I think in large part he is a creation of the media but not totally, that would be unfair. That we are even talking about a one-term Democratic Senator from Illinois as being a viable presidential contender shows he has that something extra but, with the exception of Hillary, in a Democratic field as dull as this one you almost become charismatic by default. When he does run, and he will, look for the msm to constantly refer to him as a "moderate" despite having a 100% liberal voting record, even having voted for international funding for groups that provide abortions. In the msm worldview there is no such thing as a liberal anyway, there are just those radical righties and the rest of us, aka moderate folk.

Former Republican Congressman Tom DeLay has said it will be a Hillary/Obama ticket in '08 and I agree although it's possible to flip that one around and play with it a little. DeLay is urging conservative bloggers to find something on Obama, anything, to derail his prospects. With so much to blog about these days, being a fairly conservative blogger myself, yeah Tom, that's what I'll do in my spare time when I'm not putting in 6 days of full-time work myself. Conservatives who do this, who want us to roll around in the pigpen, can't be too confident of their own political philosophy of conservatism, they must not think that pro-life plays in Peoria, so I guess they feel compelled to go this route. Oh well, at least he's honest.

NR's Richard Brookhiser is touting a Giuliani presidency in '08 and is even referring to him as our next wartime president. If you're a rightie and prefer to go this route, all or nothing for the war, then Rudy should be your man. Brookhiser is not overly concerned with his extremely liberal stances on such social issues as abortion and gay marriage. I think he is willing to overlook these because he knows the war is not popular now and Rudy is the only viable Republican candidate with enough of a powerhouse name to make the case for war ad infinitum and get away with it but my prognostication for '08 is that even he will lose to HillObama (or ObamaHill), the country will be so sick of the war by then with so many more casaulties and about a DRAFT don't even go there.

At any rate come November of '08 the sun will continue to rise and I'll be up early every day with my lunchpail runnin' on Dunkin' and blogging about God knows what then in my very meager spare time. If Rudy were smart he'd ask right now if there's any room for him in a Hillary cabinet.People who masturbate your mind

6 comments:

  1. Here's why Obama is part media creation. Let's say he wrote a book called The Audacity of Being a Black Conservative and let's further say he was pro-life, chances are you wouldn't have even heard of the guy. I knew something was up when he was on the cover of the new Men's Vogue. He might be overhyped but if I were a liberal Democrat I'd probably go for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is everything a beauty contest to you now, even politicians?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It ain't a beauty contest to me but it is to the rest of the msm. Barack Obama is very photogenic like a young Denzel Washington, has no relevance to me but it does for others apparently. I was never into beauty contests anyway, the gals get asked what they're into and they say things like world peace (duh), real space cadets.

    Feminism has always had a problem with female beauty like it's somehow in bad form for a man to be attracted to it. What are us men supposed to do, fantasize about Janet Reno or Hillary? You seem a little, um, critical of late Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, I just like to tease you. I thought you had said you would vote for Obama, but I now can't see where you wrote that (either you edited, or I am going nuts).

    At least we agree that the stereotypical beauty queen is a bubblehead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the bottom line with feminism is that they want men to do the correct thing and fall in love with unattractive women and so you get all the anorexia alarms about the harm our beauty culture does to women and all the Naomi Wolf books but I could go on and on about these things but half the time I could just be

    full of shit. (Ever hear the pompous George Will or that other know-it-all Rich Lowry say that? hmmm?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watch out. We could have a pandemic in a few years.

    ReplyDelete