Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It was a personality-driven election anyway

McCain had a more than respectable showing, there's gonna be the usual grumblings about doing something with the electoral college and apparently Beth's homestate is the most important state in the nation. My channel-surfing was on overdrive last night, there was Bob Schieffer saying Palin was terrible during interviews, the WonderBoy over at ABC, Shepard Smith and the babes on FOX (yum-o), Brian Williams, Gwen Ifill...My id thought up a terrible joke that I haven't seen black people this happy since O.J. Simpson got acquitted but ya wanna know something? they participated in the process, my brothers were happy at work today, all was civil and there ain't anything undemocratic about it. So why should Obama govern from the center? with a Democratic House and Senate he doesn't have that leavening effect that Clinton had with a Republican Congress so expect at least four years of polar liberalism. As for abortion we've had our Republican day in the sun and abortion is still legal but regardless of the legal status of abortion if we want to call ourselves a pro-life country people need to stop having abortions. Yes I was down for a time last night when the election was beginning to take on definite contours, I'm not into getting hardcore drunk but I had an extra helping of the Christian Brothers just the same. The future of the Supreme Court is depressing and I haven't read the rest of the blogs yet but I would imagine they would say the usual in such a dire situation that we need to focus our energy and grassroots on the mid-terms. Sean & RUSH for four more years, I ain't gonna subject myself to this. The turnout was absolutely massive yesterday, a historic one where close to 65% of the country actually voted, biggest turnout in the last hundred years they said so whatever you think of the results this is heartening.

People who work off the clock during their day off even though the company doesn't want them to, the black man would never do this. People who punch for lunch and then work through lunch, the black man would never do this.

Reagan?

8 comments:

  1. Not much to say except since I had accepted the fact he was going to win a while ago, I am just glad it's over and now we can be on the offense and blame everything on the Dems for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought you weren't going to watch the coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well here's the way I reasoned it, when I wake up the next morning I'll find out anyway so may as well find out now. I still don't know how the hell they project winners in states with only 12% of the precincts reporting but they do it every year. Getting back to Bob Schieffer for a minute he said Palin was a drag on the ticket but I say that's not why McCain lost. Sure she wasn't great in the interviews but Bob Schieffer always has that sly look about him like he'd give you a hard time at the deli counter on a Sunday morning or maybe he didn't wipe enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked online for results, seemed a little less annoying that way. But no Yum-o that way for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. & there was Tavis Smiley rapping with Brian Williams and Tom Brokaw pretty much saying to Obama don't forget where you came from, don't forget the black struggle. That Obama didn't want to make race a factor in this election Tavis Smiley gets but...I caught Jesse Jackson crying a river in Grant Park, not sure if they were tears of joy or that he got replaced as a leader and spokesman...Katie Couric's coverage wasn't bad I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FOX seems big on blonds. BTW is George Stephanopolous really 102?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So did Obama sign the FREEDOM OF CHOICE ACT yet? Oh I forgot, January the 20th is the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "People who punch for lunch and then work through lunch, the black man would never do this.
    Reagan?" Yes, I remember...he slept through his lunch...:)

    ReplyDelete