Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Which conservatives DON'T you like?

This is a spinoff from my most recent threads and deserves a special section of its own. David Frum doesn't like Rush Limbaugh, soapie doesn't like Ann Coulter, personally I never cared for Bob Grant. BB has finally come clean as having liberal tendencies but in my view judging from the bulk of his posts he doesn't read from the liberal playbook either, he's a fair guy. If I may toot my own horn here too I don't read from the conservative playbook but on balance I'm a conservative. It seems to me the real team players don't really have a problem with any of the prominent conservatives out there, throw out a name and they'll be cool with it. Just wondering though and this is just among friends are there any conservatives out there whom you don't like?

10 comments:

  1. Well you already said Coulter. On top of that I'd add Hannity and Levin.

    There are others I don't care for but only because they go around calling themselves conservatives but they're nothing of the sort. Michael Gerson comes to mind.

    Then again I'm pretty libertarian in my ideology.

    But even Reagan drew a corallary between the two back in '75 so I guess I'm cool by him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and Huckabee too. Can't stand that dick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huck is a big government conservative which when you think about it is an oxymoron. I agree with you about Hannity, don't listen to Levin that much, yeah throw in Coulter but for some reason I like Savage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah by everyone's reckoning Savage is some sort of extremist but he'll talk about restaurants and his dog too. He's had some good lines but a classic for me: "you ever see a woman who's so beautiful she's not even sexy? I mean you're looking for flaws." It's like I never find myself fantasizing about Catherine Zeta-Jones and so maybe we can have a spinoff from a spinoff here and pose the question "who's your favorite extremist?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, ya got me...had to look up
    Bob Grant. Noted as a pioneer of
    'angry' & 'confrontational' radio.
    He was, of course, preceded by this
    character .
    I very seldom listen to radio, so will have to disqualify myself.
    (besides, I'm not angry and confrontational.:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. If a person says they are a conservative but then tries to redefine it, I don't care for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "...who's your favorite extremist?"

    Howard Roarke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How come liberals never ask the same questions? Pose it at the Daily Kos, "which liberals don't you like?" You know if I were of the liberal persuasion my first choice would be James Carville.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which con is the worst? Hey, we can vote on it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always come up with the most entertaining links BB.

    ReplyDelete