Wednesday, April 29, 2009

He's 79, why doesn't he just retire?

Rep. Sen. from PA Arlen Specter, now a Dem. No great political analysis here, I leave that to others but from what people are saying it ain't hard to figure. He's a cancer survivor to boot so I never got this work 'til you drop philosophy. I work now 'cause I have to but when the time comes I won't go over. When you love work that much you confound God, work was supposed to be a curse from the time of Adam, you're not getting it. Specter says the extremes have taken over both parties so why switch to the other one? I don't find the story all that jazzy but maybe McCain can give 'em that filibuster-proof majority, who knows?

8 comments:

  1. He's 79? Well, another 30 years and he will switch back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perhaps the best commentary regarding Specter that I have read, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think about it, he must feel his work is that important to do this. You know when you stop to think about it his whole political career seems to boil down to my party is shifting more and more to the right at odds with my own philosophy. Well Arlen let others worry about this, just pick up a golf club already! Whenever he uses the word right and extremism you pretty much know he's talking about abortion, it's been a bug up his ass his whole life and it's still bothering him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In fact he'll probably want to be cryogenically frozen so he can come back later, his work against extremism in the GOP is THAT important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good riddins to bad rubbish!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe they're STILL deciding the Franken/Coleman race out in Minnesota! what's the holdup, nobody knows how to count?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Souter read your blog.

    ReplyDelete