Friday, June 05, 2009

The world's most controversial issue

Frankly I'm more than a little tired of this whole Israeli/Palestinian issue. It consumes so much time, energy and attention of each succeeding administration. Since I was a kid I didn't even follow politics but I knew the names -- Jimmy Carter, Menachem Begin, Anwar Sadat, Camp David. Give the Palestinians a homeland, their own state and be done with it. Maybe Obama should speak more to the point and say the issue doesn't concern us anymore, we're done, we're moving on -- Darfur, Tibet, Haiti. Wasn't Bibi PM once before? How is this possible? It'd be like Bill Clinton becoming president again. The Middle East, the Never-Ending Story.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Israel, is it crowded under that bus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't pretend to understand the Middle East, and it occurs to me that maybe nobody does and therein lies the problem. But it does seem to me without our support that Israel would be wiped off the map, and that doesn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a Monarch or Cliffs notes for the whole damn thing, a Dummy's or Idiot's Guide but it's my prerogative to be exasperated beyond words with this subject. It's a geopolitical version of the A-word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More like the F-word in my estimation, but Right is Right just doesn't understand it's okay to be non-PC around here and speak of things or question things that many also are thinking but may be afraid to actually say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still trying to figure out his comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. & BTW I'm not questioning our support for Israel and you're quite right, there are enemies who want to wipe Israel right off the face of the map.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My take on Obama's ideas regarding the Middle East, he thinks he can apologize for the USA and they'll all play nice with us. Which is stupid as hell of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After their little walk together Elie Wiesel said something with which I tend to agree. He said Obama has a sense of humor but he doesn't think he has a sense of justice yet, very interesting comment.

    ReplyDelete