Saturday, November 28, 2009

Idol without Paula

She's been on since the show's founding and I ain't the president of the Paula Abdul Fan Club or something but it's like when a regular worker leaves for all their faults you still miss them. Ellen the newest judge, no musical expertise or connection to the music world that I know of. Drifted in and out of Idol all last season and what we got was Adam "It's Because I'm a Gay Man" Lambert. Paula has had two careers, as a pop singer and larger imo as a judge on AI. We have treated her zaniness as a threat to the Republic ("oh did you see?") when the more important issue is the government running the country into the ground (Bush government or Obama government, doesn't really matter). Anyway I ain't watching this time 'round. It's not a kind of fervored protest on my part just a show that doesn't know what to do with itself. Did they want to get rid of her all along?

2 comments:

  1. I only started watching Idol starting with Season 7 and so I am not so used to Paula being there that her not being there will matter to me. I'll give the show a look-see. It should be all about the new talent anyway, not the judges, that is what I like to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just a thing with me. Simon makes gazillions of dollars he could probably fund health-care alone and they couldn't threw a few more bucks Paula's way? So what's Ellen gonna do on the show begin each one with a monologue?

    ReplyDelete