Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Existential Blog

The fishbowl known as work, the personal questions. Usually there can't be that much work to do if they're grilling you. My Life is fucked up OK? I don't know how I got here. You embellish your answers which is tricky when you're not ready and haven't rehearsed but lurking underneath is The Judgement and you quickly extricate yourself by making a beeline for the Men's Room. When you lose weight people act strange around you. Friend knows I've been dieting and I told him before I picked him up the other day I just had a McRib but he buys me a cheese danish anyway so I ate it to be polite. When you're shedding the pounds real quick there are counterforces at work, the Counter-Conspiracy so we're eating at Stew Leonard's and I'm by the salad bar getting my tuna and whatever else and he's packing it on at the hot food buffet as if to show me and he goes "I'm not judging you" which is fine but why'd he say I'm not judging you? It's we're either all gonna lose weight together, simultaneous-like or not at all. Obama's extending the Bush tax cuts, good for him. Well absinthe is back on the market, a little Van Gogh/Wormwood action. Now just the other day at work everyone was stupendously happy which is fine but more than a little strange for your typical go-back-to-work Monday and so the woman packs out the blue cheese crumbles in their containers but prices them all as roasted porkloin. Get that thujone rockin' for the Holidays!! Wikipedia -- no fan of Assange but you can't tell me those rape prosecutions aren't politically motivated. Let me play catchup and see what I missed. BTW I cracked the 3rd Secret, we're all going to Hell.

10 comments:

  1. Good old workplace; gotta
    pretend ya love it. In 40 years, I only saw two fellows show up wearing a
    t-shirt that reads 'This Place Sucks!!' One got
    summarily fired, the other
    sent home on his own time to change. Seen other folk
    spend their careers sucking up - a sure way
    to violate the Peter Principle. Being ancient,
    I can remember when loyalty was earned...not
    demanded. Dunno, Z-man.
    BTW, you down to 165lbs yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand losing weight and people around you start trying to sabotage and be jealous.. it's a hard thing to deal with when you've worked so hard and trying to deal with your body image and to keep your success going.

    Lately I've been hearing this from a coworker I love: 'Look at your wrists. They're so bony. They look anorexic.' Okay. My wrist is 5 3/4", which is small, and before I lost all this weight they were 6", which is small. Anyway I generally turn around and say, "Anything anorexic about my ass?" Which of course, there isn't.

    But people get weird. I know I've been like that when friends of mine have lost a lot of weight, so I try to overlook it because I've done it myself. But it does get discouraging. Especially when you get to be a size smaller than they are.

    BTW, welcome back. It was gettin kinda lonely without your stream-of-consciousness thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Down to 205 BB and won't go below 200, my ideal weight. I hear you Saty, you think you're doing the right thing and you get all this criticism. I think this is why the people hit the food stores in droves before it snows. We've been brainwashed into thinking we need 3 meals a day and so Mr. G is predicting 10 inches and so what's supposed to happen, mass starvation? Nobody has any beans in the house or Kraft?

    ReplyDelete
  4. First congrats on all that wt loss, that's a hell of an achievement.

    Second, I have always been a bit of a survivalist somehow so I always have enough stuff in the house that I can feed us for at least a week or longer if the power doesn't go out.. everyone should have some ramen noodles, dry beans, mac and cheese, can soups, can beans.. we actually have a bit of a challenge going on right now to see how long I can manage to feed us without going grocery shopping. I'll let you know how we do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 200lbs? Z-man, either the
    goofy ideal weight charts
    are in Lala land or you are one large specimen ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was never obese. I'm 6'2" and big-boned but I too question these ideal weights. Actually in my case my doc seems right on as right now I'm smokinnnnn':)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're perfect. I like a guy who doesn't look like the wind could blow him over or I need to give him vitamins and big glasses of milk...

    My husband is 6'1 and he's about 230. He's built kinda like Brett Favre.

    Big guys rock. Damn you, when you puttin a picture up? :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to laugh when people at work ask me if I'm a'ight, if I'm sick. I mean I'm still slightly over 200 which as BB points out is still a large specimen. If that be anorexia you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Given some thought to your workplace; maybe leave that for a library position. You know,
    "I'm looking for a book on
    how to make LSD" .."I see.
    If you prefer the peptide coupling for the diethylisation of lysergic acid, see Organic Chemistry, aisle 17A. The kitchen sink stuff, which has been more popular, can be found in the Home Remedies section, 8W"...
    "Hello, I'm looking for books by Sean Hannity?"
    "Ma'am, he can't even run a decent blog. You should consider trying Glenn Beck"
    "Do you have anything on
    eidetic image therapy?"
    "You bet, aisle 21D, look for Ahsen." "I need to loose weight, any good books on that"..."Get the hell out of my library, sir!" Yep, seems like a good fit....

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom worked in a library for ten years and she'd come home so tired she didn't even want to talk about it. Worked in reference and fielded questions all day via telephone like answers to crossword puzzle questions and what does semen taste like. I worked in a library for six years myself a long time ago and you wouldn't think so but they can be as busy as supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete