Friday, July 15, 2011

@ the Movies

I really don't go to the flicks that much anymore but my friend wanted to see Horrible Bosses so we went. Besides it was a scorcher of a day so at least I can sit for an hour and a half with the AC and meditate and ponder and ruminate if the movie sucks. I didn't like it that the plot revolved around three pals trying to do in their respective bosses. That happens in real life and it ain't funny but that's Hollywood. Jennifer Aniston was hot though, didn't even know it was her at first and Kevin Spacey always plays a mean prick of a boss. Oh the Previews!!! Movies never start on time of course and just because the schedule said 1:30 that just means when the Coming Attractions start. It lasted it seemed for 20 minutes and there were six of 'em. Reminds me of why most movies are pure dreck and the Cancer Movie with Seth Rogen (I only vaguely know the latest names but my friend is up on this) looked downright depressing. You really gotta do a cancer movie right and even then I don't wanna see it. That Marine Sgt. who invited actress Mila Kunis to the Marine Ball on YouTube...let's try that again, that Marine Sgt. who invited Mila Kunis on YouTube to the Marine Ball...that Marine Sgt. who posted an invite to Ms. Kunis on YouTube. I don't even like her movies and word on the street is she may not be going after initially accepting because she's in the middle of work on two flicks, crappy no doubt. If I did something like this I'd be a stalker:)

10 comments:

  1. Can't stand Jennifer Aniston myself but that's probably just me. She's easy enough on the eyes I'll give you that but she always plays the character Rachael Green regardless of the flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never really into Friends like some people, always thought Seinfeld was funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movie previews are really annoying when you go to the 12:01 a.m. showing of Harry Potter and there are 6 previews, some of us want to get home before 3 you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth there was actual serious discussion a few years back in this liberal social laboratory known as New York City to pass some kind of bill there to force cinemas post actual and more accurate starting times. I mean with so much to worry about but that just goes to show the difference between liberals and conservatives. Libs want to legislate away everything that annoys them whereas we conservatives are mature enough to know what to tolerate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of the few times I've watched Friends it was like it was almost funny but basically it was just a group of yuppies interacting with each other. Kind of went nowhere. Is it a crime if I say it was overrated? Look I gave it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course I knew there would be previews, we were just anxious for the movie to start and having to watch them was just additionally annoying at midnight. "Cowboys and Aliens", really?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soapie, you just don't like Friends because they never supported Ron Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last we talked about Friends it was the Schwimmer guy being gay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're wrong Beth. I never had a problem with Friends. I watched it and found it entertaining. I didn't like it as much as Seinfeld but I still watched it. This is why I can say with conviction that Jenifer Aniston never evolved beyond her Rachael Greene character.

    But seriously...anyone who wants to change the status quo in Washington should "like" Ron Paul.

    ReplyDelete