Friday, April 13, 2012

The Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case, spinning out of control

As you know by now Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey has brought Murder 2 charges against the shooter of Trayvon Martin. Even Trayvon's Mom said she believes her son's death was a kind of tragic accident at the hands of George Zimmerman a way overzealous and quite possibly racially charged neighborhood watchman. Now for the bulk of this case I've taken what you can call the "liberal" side for lack of a better word but 2nd degree Murder is way out of whack, some type of manslaughter charge would have been much more appropriate and it's my opinion that Ms. Corey will eventually run for some type of office down there in the Sunshine State and she wants this high-profile case. So what we have here is maybe a second travesty of justice and it's a damn shame IMO. A word about guns, I'm not a fan of 'em even though I'm a conservative. They make me nervous and yes I understand the 2nd Amendment but I think there's many many people out there who don't know how to use them responsibly, to exercise proper judgement and restraint and this goes for licensed gun owners who've been "properly" trained. One lesson - public pressure is fine, it's our right and constitutionally protected but it doesn't always lead to the right outcome:)

6 comments:

  1. You can't take the position he shouldn't be held to account. Conservatives always say in racial shooting cases usually involving the police but we don't know the whole story, wait 'til everything comes out but we know enough here where some type of charge is called for. His life is ruined anyway and I wouldn't want to be him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that George Zimmerman will be made into a sacrificial lamb to appease the tribal forces of the Black community and liberal Obama ass kissing media.

    And I also think that this prosecutor seems to be another of the clan who lacks the intelligences chops to even practice law. She probably took bar exam with a bunch of affirmative action people when the standards were lowered.

    Why Zimmerman should be charged with this, other than to appease the "Community Organizers" and the Black Panthers definitely leaves me scratching my head.
    It's issues like this Trayvon Martin case that makes blogging interesting for me. I feel that this story has completely gotten out of hand and the coverage is ridiculous and to me almost embarrassing. It only goes to show us that if you make enough noise, protest in the streets like a bunch of idiots and scare the hell out of Whitey with "Wanted Dead or Alive" bounty's,and cry racism all fucking day when it may not even have anything to do with race,
    you get your way!! And it's disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read an insightful column about a week ago by a black guy in my paper. He thinks Trayvon got angry when Zimmerman stopped him and the black writer's point which many would disagree with is sometimes you have to swallow your pride before things escalate. Blacks are very sensitive to how they're perceived and they get angry. Many years ago I was cutting through a McDonald's parking lot and a young black guy was behind me and I paused to do something and he passed and said is there a problem? I can see all POV's here but if a black guy were honest he'd also see that blacks do commit a lot of crimes and that helps with a negative perception of them so is it just my fault who let the guy pass? Murder 2 though? I'd guess that there are alot of protesters who simply wanted the guy held to account but this is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Z-Man... fascinating that you seem to have picked up either a real troll, or someone who steals material word for word from another blog... I thought we had seen enough of that crap a while back...

    Here's What "Lee's Page" posted on Lisa's WHo's Your Daddy site...

    "I don't agree with the comment above.
    I think that George Zimmerman will be made into a sacrificial lamb to appease the tribal forces of the Black community and liberal Obama ass kissing media.

    And I also think that this prosecutor seems to be another of the clan who lacks the intelligences chops to even practice law. She probably took bar exam with a bunch of affirmative action people when the standards were lowered.

    Why Zimmerman should be charged with this, other than to appease the "Community Organizers" and the Black Panthers definitely leaves me scratching my head."


    I like how the comment on your page comes complete with the typos...

    This is not the type of person I'd want at my table at Barnes and Noble... But I do really like your analogy on that, and 100% agree with you regarding civil discussion....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Shaw & Saty banning themselves, maybe they liked it better back in the day when I kinda sat back and people could say anything they wanted but them days be over and I got my moderating cap out of the attic and dusted it off. This blog has become a magnet for something but hell at least it's being read:)

    ReplyDelete